Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope Jamal Charles wll....

Default I hope Jamal Charles wll....

Man up this year and play like he did in TEXAS!

Yea, I am getting really bored waiting for this season to start. I'm sick of life with no football.

For your enjoyment...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RbNgzrW-E"]YouTube - Colt McCoy to Jamaal Charles: 72-yard TD Pass[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83peWVap63c&feature=related"]YouTube - Jamaal Charles 80yd TD Run against o.u.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnueBKSEHLw&feature=related"]YouTube - Jamaal Charles 75 yard TD run vs Oklahoma State[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXKhby8cs8&feature=related"]YouTube - Jamaal Charles 75-yard TD run vs. Oklahoma State[/ame]
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Won't have to worry too much if our O-line makes the holes for him.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Yeah I'm hoping the same, he showed flashes last season, and I can't wait to see him progress as a player.

Love This Kid, I really think he can be a big time TD machine for years if given the chance, I feel he wasnt used correctly last season, in that first highlight....that looked like thigpen to charles one game this year up the sidelines, then he made a move...

I like his ability as a 3rd down guy, amazing speed, but still blocks, and can catch, although last year had some drop problems on screen passes.

Nice highlights. SD, that's what I was saying in another thread- he'd make an awesome 3rd down/change of pace guy (like Todd McNair was for KC). Huge potential for big plays out of him.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Won't have to worry too much if our O-line makes the holes for him.
    That, at this point, is the question.

I posted this in another thread:

I disagree. There are and were plenty of backs that were comparible in size (5'11'' 200lbs) that were very successful. Todd McNair and Charles are not even close to one another from an athletic standpoint.

Wonder why a guy that is near 6' and 200 lbs is usually deemed as "light, yet you can have a 5'9" RB at 190lbs and it's no big deal? I am sure Charles will put on a few few pounds as he matures physically.

Charles is a little bit smaller version of Dickerson and Allen while very close to Payton, yet he has better speed than all of them.

Chris Johnson of the Titans is an exact replica of Charles from a physical standpoint...Speed included. He was actually "used" properly in his first year and I think he will become a 20-25 carry per game back as well.

Eric Dickerson: 6'3" 220lbs

Marcus Allen: 6'2" 210 lbs

Walter Payton 5'10" 202 lbs

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200 lbs: 4.2 speed and Runner-up Rookie of the year.

Jamaal Charles 5'11" 200lbs: 4.2 40yd dash

It comes down to the oline and if they are going to help him at all.

I sure hope so, but I'm not betting the farm just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I posted this in another thread:

I disagree. There are and were plenty of backs that were comparible in size (5'11'' 200lbs) that were very successful. Todd McNair and Charles are not even close to one another from an athletic standpoint.

Wonder why a guy that is near 6' and 200 lbs is usually deemed as "light, yet you can have a 5'9" RB at 190lbs and it's no big deal? I am sure Charles will put on a few few pounds as he matures physically.

Charles is a little bit smaller version of Dickerson and Allen while very close to Payton, yet he has better speed than all of them.

Chris Johnson of the Titans is an exact replica of Charles from a physical standpoint...Speed included. He was actually "used" properly in his first year and I think he will become a 20-25 carry per game back as well.

Eric Dickerson: 6'3" 220lbs

Marcus Allen: 6'2" 210 lbs

Walter Payton 5'10" 202 lbs

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200 lbs: 4.2 speed and Runner-up Rookie of the year.

Jamaal Charles 5'11" 200lbs: 4.2 40yd dash
    EXACTLY.

Charles has the speed AND size to be an every-down back. He's also the best pass blocker on the team. My feelings wouldn't be hurt in the least if LJ were traded for a draft pick or two while promoting JC to the featured back role.

You've gotta think he's going to be the "featured back" anyway. With Haley coming on board, there's going to be a bigger emphasis on passing the ball and they're not going to want LJ back there pass blocking or receiving passes out of the backfield. So, unless Gailey has a bigger role in calling the offense than most of us think, Charles will probably supplant LJ as the RB who gets the most reps this season. I just hope they utilize him as a weapon instead of just a blocker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast