Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

Default (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

I think it was a effort to clean up the team. Kinda a example to all. :-o A even though we need you. You messed up for the last time thing.

Default Re: (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

Chiefster wrote:
    Oh man; for sure! I hope that guy can stay healthy this year.
    You and me both, my friend. :pint:
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    Oh man; for sure! I hope that guy can stay healthy this year.
    You and me both, my friend. :pint:

:-D :pint: :hammer:

Are you guys kidding me? Warfield wasn't feared by any QB. He had to go. His reaction time and closing speed were degrading fast.

KC-Krazo wrote:
    Are you guys kidding me? Warfield wasn't feared by any QB. He had to go. His reaction time and closing speed were degrading fast.
    No not kidding at all; I thought his game had diminished some this last season and stated so. That being said I think his propensity for off field trouble also affected his abilities on the field. I don't care how much training you do, if you don't play until the fifth game of the season it's going to take some time to shake off some of that early season rust. IMO

KC-Krazo wrote:
    He only really got completly burned 2 times last year. The rest of the time, it took nearly perfect throws to beat him the rest of the way.

Yes, I do remember Buffalo. One of those TDs was a PERFECT throw. The other was a complet BURN. Plus, He only had about 2 games under his belt and it was only his first start of the year.

I can cut him a break for that bad showing.

Guru wrote:
    KC-Krazo wrote:
    He only really got completly burned 2 times last year. The rest of the time, it took nearly perfect throws to beat him the rest of the way.

Yes, I do remember Buffalo. One of those TDs was a PERFECT throw. The other was a complet BURN. Plus, He only had about 2 games under his belt and it was only his first start of the year.

I can cut him a break for that bad showing.
    Agreed, and this was the point I was making earlier; ya just can't start the season late and expect to have your football legs yet.

Chiefster wrote:
    Agreed, and this was the point I was making earlier; ya just can't start the season late and expect to have your football legs yet.
    all things considered, his football legs were pretty good for being out all that time. Like I said, that was a PERFECT throw and he was right there. I don't think he tips that pass even if his jump was timed perfectly.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    all things considered, his football legs were pretty good for being out all that time. Like I said, that was a PERFECT throw and he was right there. I don't think he tips that pass even if his jump was timed perfectly.
    I agree; I was merely making the point that you had expounded on earlier that it was only his second start of the season, and you're right it was a flawless pass.

Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    I agree; I was merely making the point that you had expounded on earlier that it was only his second start of the season, and you're right it was a flawless pass.
    Sorry. Wasn't being argumentative. Guess I am just hoping Krazo might take it into consideration since he seems more turned off by Warfield than the two of us were.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    Sorry. Wasn't being argumentative. Guess I am just hoping Krazo might take it into consideration since he seems more turned off by Warfield than the two of us were.
    Nah; I didn't take it that way at all. All the points that I was making was for Krazo's benefit. No need for apologies; I'm quite enjoying the conversation. :-D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast