Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

Default (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

I think it was a effort to clean up the team. Kinda a example to all. :-o A even though we need you. You messed up for the last time thing.

Default Re: (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

I fealt Warfield had a breakout season last year.He will never be a shutdown corner. so, if you provide no pressure on the opposing QB,he will allow his man to catch the ball,as most will.But I was thrilled with his tackling improvment.The previous two seasons (at least)were horrific.Everybody was terrible at tackling.But last season Warfield became a dead end for ballcarriers.I will say it until everyone knows it...Stop the feet,and you have stopped the ballcarrier.Watch Sammie.Unless he has a blindsiding shot, or a running back up the gut,he'll sumarine 'em and stop them here and now.

chief31 wrote:
    I fealt Warfield had a breakout season last year.He will never be a shutdown corner. so, if you provide no pressure on the opposing QB,he will allow his man to catch the ball,as most will.But I was thrilled with his tackling improvment.The previous two seasons (at least)were horrific.Everybody was terrible at tackling.But last season Warfield became a dead end for ballcarriers.I will say it until everyone knows it...Stop the feet,and you have stopped the ballcarrier.Watch Sammie.Unless he has a blindsiding shot, or a running back up the gut,he'll sumarine 'em and stop them here and now.
    Good point; I don't know how many times I've seen defenders try to tackle a strong running back up high and finally getting them to the ground after being carried for five yards. Take their feet out from under them and they go down right at the point of attack.

KC-Krazo wrote:
    Carl,Carl,Carl when will the madness end? :-?
    Not for another four years sadly.

Chiefster wrote:

Good point; I don't know how many times I've seen defenders try to tackle a strong running back up high and finally getting them to the ground after being carried for five yards. Take their feet out from under them and they go down right at the point of attack.
    I.E. Christian Okoye
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:

I.E. Christian Okoye
    Yep; even LJ.

Earl campbell was hard to take down anywhere above the ankles.[img align=left]C/My Documents/My Pictures/earl[/img]

Ahh, the 70's football games. I miss Tony Dorsett.

Guru wrote:
    I saw the guy run off tackle once on their own one yard line; 99 yards later he was doing a TD celebration.

Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    I saw the guy run off tackle once on their own one yard line; 99 yards later he was doing a TD celebration.
    Which was out of character for him.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    Which was out of character for him.
    Yeah, come to think of it; I only saw it once. :-P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast