Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real news about Player practice performances and more!! Courtesy of Bob Gretz

Default Finally Some Real News!!!!

OTA Update 6/1

June 1, 2009 - Bob Gretz |
    From the Truman Sports Complex

The Chiefs had OTA session No. 5 on Monday morning and 82 of the team’s 85 players were on the field working in the 90-minute session.
    Missing were G Brian Waters, LB Mike Vrabel and rookie CB Donald Washington, who cannot attend until Ohio State finishes its spring semester.
    On the field working out, but not participating in the team portion of practice were QB Brodie Croyle, DL Glenn Dorsey, RB Kolby Smith and WR Mark Bradley. DT Ron Edwards also did not participate in the team work.
    With Edwards and Dorsey not taking part, Tank Tyler went with the first team defense at nose tackle and rookie Alex Magee was the starter at right defensive end.
    RB Larry Johnson and OLB Tamba Hali who missed OTA No. 4 right before Memorial Day were back on the field and working with the first-team offense and defense.
    Here are a few other observations from the workout:

– In the red zone seven-on-seven passing drill, Tyler Thigpen threw the ball well, making some quick decisions and delivering the ball with power. He hit WR Rodney Wright for a nice TD pass as Wright beat CB Maurice Leggett.

– The kickers were very active on field goals throughout the practice and while we couldn’t chart every kick, rookie Ryan Succop looked like he was having a good day. He was six-for-six from 43 yards away with a nice cross breeze coming from his right to left. He then hit a 51-yarder. Connor Barth hit an upright from close in on one of his FG attempts and went three of four from 43 yards, missing wide right.

– CB Ricardo Colclough got a nice jump on a throw to WR Taurus Johnson and knocked the ball out of his hands. On the next play, Colclough almost did the same thing, but WR Quinten Lawrence was able to hold onto the ball for a nice catch.

– CB Brandon Carr closed on a slant throw to WR Dwayne Bowe and arrived at the spot of the catch at the same time as Bowe and the ball. These are non-contact drills and while the hit would have been much more vicious if the play had come in the game, there was a good collision. Bowe held onto the ball.

– RB Jackie Battle got some snaps with the No. 2 offense ahead of RB Jamaal Charles. Battle looked good on several runs.

– RB Larry Johnson was back at work and had several nice runs as well, including a sweep to the right side where LT Branden Albert pulled and led the charge.

– ILB Zach Thomas made a nice play on a draw, shutting it down for what would have been negative yardage.

– In the team work session in the red zone, QB Matt Cassel hit his first two passes for TDs, throwing to Bowe and WR Bobby Engram.

– In that red zone session, safety DaJuan Morgan was able to break up a throw from Thigpen to Johnson.

From all of the training camp stuff I've been reading. 2 names constantly come up: Quinton Lawrence ( the rookie speedster at WR) and Brandon Carr. Based on this report by Bob, it sounds like the Rookie Kicker is giving Conner Barth some competition to say the least. I also liked the fact that Cassell and Thiggy both looked great. Also a surprise, Battle playing with the second team over a healthy Jamal Charles. Maybe not a big deal in OTA's, but come friday, I dont think Jamal will like that. Only negative here would be that Dorsey is still practicing with the injured guys. Well, hope you guys like it.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 06-02-2009 at 12:39 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Anyone know why Vrabel still isn't doing anything on the field?
    From what Ive heard, Vrabel is working through an injury and wanted to come to KC 100%. Scott and Todd have both said that hes excited.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    From what Ive heard, Vrabel is working through an injury and wanted to come to KC 100%. Scott and Todd have both said that hes excited.
    So when he was signed months ago it was with injury? No physical to pass? I have not heard of any Vrabel sightings at the facility either.

Can't he show up and workout with the team in some degree if he is so damn_ed excited?

I would tend to think he should be there because that can easily give a bad impression the the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    So when he was signed months ago it was with injury? No physical to pass? I have not heard of any Vrabel sightings at the facility either.

Can't he show up and workout with the team in some degree if he is so damn_ed excited?

I would tend to think he should be there because that can easily give a bad impression the the rest of the team.
    Agreed. Maybe because he is a vet? And probably doesn't want to go through the rigors of training camp, or at the very least OTA's? This is the time imo he should be building relationships with his new teammates and coaches.
    All I know (and posted before) is that Zack Thomas is 'excited' enough to be here with his new team.
    I guess we'll have to wait till friday and check his attitude then. Friday is MANDATORY so most likely will be here.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agreed. Maybe because he is a vet? And probably doesn't want to go through the rigors of training camp, or at the very least OTA's? This is the time imo he should be building relationships with his new teammates and coaches.
    All I know (and posted before) is that Zack Thomas is 'excited' enough to be here with his new team.
    I guess we'll have to wait till friday and check his attitude then. Friday is MANDATORY so most likely will be here.
    I wish he'd show up too, if nothing more than to meet some of the new guys and what not, but it doesn't surprise me that he isn't there. Veterans like doing things their own way.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12