Thread: Vince Young Wants Chance To Play Or Out Of Tennessee

Exclamation Vince Young Wants Chance To Play Or Out Of Tennessee

"If them guys don't want me to be in there, then it's time for me to make a career change for myself because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

Source: WMAR-TV

I knew it was coming sometime or another, after all he does have quite a bit of talent.

Has talent, but a lot of room for improvement. He can't really think the Titans are going to just hand him the job.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Has talent, but a lot of room for improvement. He can't really think the Titans are going to just hand him the job.
    Thing is, he's the exact wrong sort of QB for the Titans offense. They need an accurate passer with good instincts and no ego, not a guy who can heave the ball 80 yards and be a running threat. The Titans are more interested in running the ball and winning the turnover battle than they are in a QB who can throw 300 yards a game.

Put Young on a team with some good WRs and a good OL and he'd light it up. If I were the Donks, I'd offer a pick for him. But of course, they've gone too far with the Kyle Orton experiment to admit they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Thing is, he's the exact wrong sort of QB for the Titans offense. They need an accurate passer with good instincts and no ego, not a guy who can heave the ball 80 yards and be a running threat. The Titans are more interested in running the ball and winning the turnover battle than they are in a QB who can throw 300 yards a game.

Put Young on a team with some good WRs and a good OL and he'd light it up. If I were the Donks, I'd offer a pick for him. But of course, they've gone too far with the Kyle Orton experiment to admit they were wrong.
    That would be scary.

What people dont seem to realize is Cutler had an outstanding luxury in Marshall and Royal.

Default Agent Denies Titans QB Vince Young Wants A Trade

The agent for Titans backup quarterback Vince Young says that Young doesn’t want to be traded if he’s not the starter. Even if Young himself recently said just that. “Vince’s desire has always been to compete for the starting quarterback job in Tennessee,” agent Major Adams said. “Even before they drafted him, they asked him if he thought he could compete for the starting role, and he said yes. He has always been a starter and that is his mindset. He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend. Plus, he was in there working out [Monday]. If he didn’t have a desire to stay there, he wouldn’t be doing any of that.” Adams says that Young will be attending an event this weekend at owner Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    That would be scary.

What people dont seem to realize is Cutler had an outstanding luxury in Marshall and Royal.
    And his great young OL. That being said, Cutler to the Bears was a great move by the Bears. They get a franchise QB to build around. The Broncos spent three years grooimg Cutler into a Pro Bowl passer just to trade him on the eve of his prime. The Broncos will be a bad team for many, many years.

I think VY is a terrible QB and will never make it. His QB rating proves it. Kyle Orton rates out better than him.