Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Ellis to Chiefs???

Default Greg Ellis to Chiefs???

What do you guys think? He can play 4-3 or 3-4 and could easily start and/or add solid depth at a minimum. Plus, I am sure he has a few miles left in the tank. On top of that, according to many, he will not "demand" tons of cash to sign.

He could help solidify our front four.

Greg Ellis - Dallas Cowboys - Career Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Law and Surtains' better days were well behind them when they came to KC.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    That is true but, the men they replaced weren't as good as them when they got here.I believe Surtain replaced McCleon who royally sucked and Law replaced Warfield who was becoming a foul machine. After their first seasons with us both of them were done.
    The question isn't whether they were better than the guys they replaced (although Law and Turley were better than no one). It's that the Chiefs from 2001 to 2008 kept signing over-the-hill guys to big contracts in an effort to win now. We had a league-wide reputation for doing such. And the Raiders, for all of their faults, didn't. No one criticizes the Raiders for signing Gannon, Romonowski, or Rice, simply because they got to a SB with those signings. And Al Davis only signed one guy past his prime (Sapp) in that time that was a terrible signing. Most of the terrible signings Davis made were younger players (Walker, Kelly, Hall, etc.), not older ones.

And I didn't even mention the big contracts we gave to mediocre guys like Kendrell Bell and Damien McIntosh. We were overpaying medicore people to come to KC because CP couldn't find another way to get FAs.

Thankfully, that era is past for the Chiefs. But that era is indefensible.

Your age is showing JM, your only stating guys that are recent. The Raiders have been known for bringing them in ever since they have been founded and if you deny that your just kidding yourself. Read a lil bit about their history, I have lived it bro. I been alive and watching the KC vs Oakland to La back to Oakland feud since it was founded.How about back when they first played in Candle stick Park because they had no field, Ok, I wasn't born then but they did do that. Players like Stabler was considered at the end of his career, so was Matusak and Lyle Alzaido , They didn't just start with Plunket , Gannon , Rice and Sapp. They have made a livin off of bringing in guys considered over the hill and quite frankily Al Davis is proud of it. He always has done it and if you ever watch the NFL Films stuff with the Raiders in it which I watch everything NFL on the NFL Network they also refer to that during Americas Game when showcasing the Superbowl teams. Why do you think I hate them so much, because they have done it and won Championships, we haven't. Now if you enjoy talking about our failures I don't but you can continue without me as I believe I made my point.
    Exactly how long do you think a reputation lasts? Most fans aren't think thinking back to Plunkett when they talk about the Raiders reputation. Otherwise the Raiders would have the reputation for winning, and they don't anymore. People don't think back to Grogan for the Pats reputation, or they'd have a reputation as losers. There's a difference between knowing history and being stuck in the past. And for better or worse, the Chiefs are now the team with the rep for signing old players to big contracts, not the Raiders. It will take a few years for us to shed it.

Your age is showing JM, your only stating guys that are recent. The Raiders have been known for bringing them in ever since they have been founded and if you deny that your just kidding yourself. Read a lil bit about their history, I have lived it bro. I been alive and watching the KC vs Oakland to La back to Oakland feud since it was founded.How about back when they first played in Candle stick Park because they had no field, Ok, I wasn't born then but they did do that. Players like Stabler was considered at the end of his career, so was Matusak and Lyle Alzaido , They didn't just start with Plunket , Gannon , Rice and Sapp. They have made a livin off of bringing in guys considered over the hill and quite frankily Al Davis is proud of it. He always has done it and if you ever watch the NFL Films stuff with the Raiders in it which I watch everything NFL on the NFL Network they also refer to that during Americas Game when showcasing the Superbowl teams. Why do you think I hate them so much, because they have done it and won Championships, we haven't. Now if you enjoy talking about our failures I don't but you can continue without me as I believe I made my point.
    The raiders didn't 'bring in' Stabler at the end of his career. He was drafted by the raiders and spent his entire career there. Matuszak played the last 6 years of his 9 year career with the raiders - not exactly brought in at the end of his career. I'll give you Alzado, but he was still a beast the 4 years he was with the raiders...
    SHUT IT

That is true but, the men they replaced weren't as good as them when they got here.I believe Surtain replaced McCleon who royally sucked and Law replaced Warfield who was becoming a foul machine. After their first seasons with us both of them were done. We are better off with who we have now though by a long shot!
    Albert Lewis and Kevin Ross were quite the backfield tandem in their day. I hope those days are coming back.
    SHUT IT

I love to hate the faders, long live Al, He the man.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I love to hate the faders, long live Al, He the man.

I hear they have already started him on a formaldehyde regiment in order to slow pre-mortem decay.

Alzado was a Steroid hound. When they play that Americas game they always refer to bringing Stabler into the scene when he was under high debate about his talent because of his injuries he was always suffering. Now I don't follow their history so close I know more about them than what NFL Films presents. I don't sit and read up on them LOL.I know they drafted Cliff Branch, Al Davis does draft alot of WR and RB but not alot of QBs, he usually brings them in from other teams.Same with his Defensive players.I will just say I am glad we are finally drafting players that will turn out to be something down the road, been long over due IMO.
    As are a grand portion of players after him, including many today. Of course, HGH has been the drug for the past 15-20 years as well due to the inability to detect it.

Don't get me started on the PED thing!!!

LMAO!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123