Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Ellis to Chiefs???

Default Greg Ellis to Chiefs???

What do you guys think? He can play 4-3 or 3-4 and could easily start and/or add solid depth at a minimum. Plus, I am sure he has a few miles left in the tank. On top of that, according to many, he will not "demand" tons of cash to sign.

He could help solidify our front four.

Greg Ellis - Dallas Cowboys - Career Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

He's not big enough to play 3-4 DE and wasn't very good in the Cowgirls 3-4. Why do we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    He's not big enough to play 3-4 DE and wasn't very good in the Cowgirls 3-4. Why do we need him?
    6'5" 265 is not big enough?

He did play 3-4 with the Cowgirls and had 8 sacks last year and 12.5 in 2007. We will also play some 4-3.

Who do we have that is proven to better than him? He had almost as many sacks as our entire defense and he plays in a tougher division.
    Last edited by dbolan; 06-03-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Corrected sack total for 2007.

NFL Stats: by Team Category
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Greg Ellis is a good 3-4 OLB and would immediately be the best pass rusher on our team. He would also make our linebackers even older than they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    LMAO! That was pretty evident, eh?

Cowboys D= #1

Chiefs D= #32

Nice assist!

This was my comparison. Hali had descent stats when Jared Allen was oppisite him. Ellis had Ware on the opposite side from him. What's would his stats be with us. He would be a starter, but were, at what LB position? At 31 he would make our LB group really old.

This was my comparison. Hali had descent stats when Jared Allen was oppisite him. Ellis had Ware on the opposite side from him. What's would his stats be with us. He would be a starter, but were, at what LB position? At 31 he would make our LB group really old.
    He makes these guys older?? LOL!

Vrabel
    Mike Vrabel Stats, News, Photos - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

Thomas
    Zach Thomas Stats, News, Photos - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN

Yeah, I don't see the problem with signing Ellis to be our OLB opposite Vrabel. Hali is a work in progress right now, and we could use a proven guy in the spot. Just so long as we don't overpay him CP-style.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the problem with signing Ellis to be our OLB opposite Vrabel. Hali is a work in progress right now, and we could use a proven guy in the spot. Just so long as we don't overpay him CP-style.

Well..Mark Clayton (aka the Crypt Keeper) said that Ellis would not "command" huge money but would be a very nice pick-up for the value. I am hoping this holds some merit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast