Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can you live with your parents?

Default How can you live with your parents?

Seriously, I can't handle it. I don't see how I don't have high blood pressure.

My parents were gone last Sat-Mon in Chicago. On that Fri I bolted to my friends place when he invited me for dinner and swimming, so I didn't see them on Friday.

The best weekend of my life. By that I mean I have been happier than I have been in a long time.

Then they get back Monday night, and with in the first min I feel like crap again. They were already in a bad mood coming home, and then it puts me in a bad mood.

I try not let it get to me, but I always hear and see them contradicted themseleves by doing what they hate me doing and that just fires me up.

I need to move, but it won't be till 3 years when I can get my car paid off and finish school and transfer to the university.

How old were you when you moved?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I was 18, and in no way did my parents bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

My parents were gone last Sat-Mon in Chicago. On that Fri I bolted to my friends place when he invited me for dinner and swimming, so I didn't see them on Friday.

The best weekend of my life. By that I mean I have been happier than I have been in a long time.

Then they get back Monday night, and with in the first min I feel like crap again. They were already in a bad mood coming home, and then it puts me in a bad mood.

I try not let it get to me, but I always hear and see them contradicted themseleves by doing what they hate me doing and that just fires me up.

I need to move, but it won't be till 3 years when I can get my car paid off and finish school and transfer to the university.

Personally I got on great with my parents. When I graduated from college I lived with them until I got married 4 years later. I was able to sock away cash and have a nice down payment for a house which my wife and I bought when we were getting married. Escrow closed and she moved in the week before our wedding.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

My mom actually kicked me out when I was 16, she said she had it with me, so I had to get a job as a roofer and support myself through that, so I have been living without my parents for almost 10 years. It was not the idea situation to be in, but it made me that much stronger. I am putting myself through college, and paying for a new car and house, but of course I got lucky and my wife makes very good money, and I do alright where I work.

With that aside, if I was you I would live under their roof for as long as you can until you can support yourself financially, because once your on your own, you will feel stress at a level that has not been known to you before.

I was 18 and moved out the day after Graduation from High School. But did not move very far. My mom drove me out of the house, but I learned that Mom and Dad's house was great place to come home to, and it was always a home for the family!

How do u think your parents feel? You think having your kids live at home in their 20s is a treat? And then complaining about the situation on top of it? You talk about them contradiciting themselves, yet here you sit telling us how you are staying there to get your car paid off, finish school (and I assume) pay for university. But you hate having them around. You point of view will change drasticly when you are on the parental side of the equation.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, and do you live in KC? When you say finish school, are you taking high school or community college?

If you live in KC, you can get a decent apartment for $350/month. You could probably roommate for less. You can live on your own (albiet not well) for $700/mo. Working full-time minimum wage will get you that.

I'm just saying that if you're over 18 and you want to move out you probably can.

OK-I'm not going to cry on anyones shoulder, but I never had the experience that you speak of. I know there are parents out there, who actually don't derserve the children they have. However, if you are simply not happy that they may have certain rules, but are basically good people, I'm not going to give you much sympathy. I lost both parents...(to seperate accidents) before I was a 2yrs. old.) Yesterday was my fathers birthday. I would give anything to be able to spend just 1 day with my parents. Sadly, I don't remember either of them, but that doesn't make the pain any better...as a matter of fact it may make it worse. I own ONE photo of my parents with myself and brothers and sisters included in it. So............with that said..........either deal with it, or depending on your age......be thankful that they allow you to stay there and finish school. They WILL NOT be around forever......and then you'll be singing a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    OK-I'm not going to cry on anyones shoulder, but I never had the experience that you speak of. I know there are parents out there, who actually don't derserve the children they have. However, if you are simply not happy that they may have certain rules, but are basically good people, I'm not going to give you much sympathy. I lost both parents...(to seperate accidents) before I was a 2yrs. old.) Yesterday was my fathers birthday. I would give anything to be able to spend just 1 day with my parents. Sadly, I don't remember either of them, but that doesn't make the pain any better...as a matter of fact it may make it worse. I own ONE photo of my parents with myself and brothers and sisters included in it. So............with that said..........either deal with it, or depending on your age......be thankful that they allow you to stay there and finish school. They WILL NOT be around forever......and then you'll be singing a different tune.
    Very well said Bree. I completely agree, although I didn't have the best parents in the world, I still love them and would not trade them for anything. Honda it really sounds like your parents do alot for you, I would have loved to be able to stay at home while I was going through college and paying for my car, so you should definitely appreciate what you have, because a lot of kids don't have it as easy as you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how old are you, and do you live in KC? When you say finish school, are you taking high school or community college?

If you live in KC, you can get a decent apartment for $350/month. You could probably roommate for less. You can live on your own (albiet not well) for $700/mo. Working full-time minimum wage will get you that.

I'm just saying that if you're over 18 and you want to move out you probably can.
    20 and yes I live here in the big KC. I have since graduated from HS and I am working on my AA degree from Maple Woods. I do NOT plan on moving into an apartment. Atleast not until I graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    How do u think your parents feel? You think having your kids live at home in their 20s is a treat? And then complaining about the situation on top of it? You talk about them contradiciting themselves, yet here you sit telling us how you are staying there to get your car paid off, finish school (and I assume) pay for university. But you hate having them around. You point of view will change drasticly when you are on the parental side of the equation.
    I don't think 2 or 3 years extra of me will kill them. I don't see a rule or law that says I have to move out right away; I also don't see a rule/law saying that I have to stay either When I talk about them contradicting themsleves, I mean stuff like...they so don't get mad, then when I say something they take it the wrong way and get mad. Stuff like that. I am only saying I shouldn't be living with them, because when I am around they only put me in a bad mood. If I am ANYwhere else, 98% of the time I am having a great day.
    Last edited by honda522; 06-07-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast