Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Center position Wiegmann and who?

Default Center position Wiegmann and who?

We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(

Default Re: Center position Wiegmann and who?

KC-Krazo wrote:
    We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(
    ...True, but that might well be the train we'll have to ride; especially if we're saving the cap money for Law or to retain Gonzales.

KC-Krazo wrote:
    It will work out. How do I know this? Because if it doesn't, we could be screwed. So it has to work out. With any luck, one of them is a diamond in the rough and the next star at the position.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    KC-Krazo wrote:
    It will work out. How do I know this? Because if it doesn't, we could be screwed. So it has to work out. With any luck, one of them is a diamond in the rough and the next star at the position.
    Let us all hope so. :-D

Just a thought but if we use casey blocking up the middle.Won't he be a bit small for that scheme.He is fast and a hell of a pulling center. But at 6'2 285 thats a bit light moving 300 plus pound gaurds backwards all game .

Did I miss something?I thought Chris Bober was our backup.Please,fill me in if something has changed there.If not then there really is no discussion here.Chris Bober was a starter for the Giants for a couple years.He was their starter in '02 when they went to the playoffs.He's even our starting longsnapper.If he winds up taking Welbourns job, he'll still be the backup center.
    But, seriously,please fill me in on his status.He is still listed on N.F.L. Chiefs depth chart.

KC-Krazo wrote:
    Just a thought but if we use casey blocking up the middle.Won't he be a bit small for that scheme.He is fast and a hell of a pulling center. But at 6'2 285 thats a bit light moving 300 plus pound gaurds backwards all game .
    I agree, but hey; dynamite comes in small packages. I try not to judge a player solely on size alone.

chief31 wrote:
    Did I miss something?I thought Chris Bober was our backup.Please,fill me in if something has changed there.If not then there really is no discussion here.Chris Bober was a starter for the Giants for a couple years.He was their starter in '02 when they went to the playoffs.He's even our starting longsnapper.If he winds up taking Welbourns job, he'll still be the backup center.
    But, seriously,please fill me in on his status.He is still listed on N.F.L. Chiefs depth chart.

As far as I know he is still the guy.

Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?

KC-Krazo wrote:
    Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?
    Geez! I never thought of football as a sport with utility players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast