Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

Post Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

I think this qualifies for hardcore.

Found this DVD on shelves today at my local Blockbuster for only $20.

It began with one man and a dream. It continued with Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Hank Stram, and an upset in Super Bowl IV. Today, the history of the Kansas City Chiefs lives on in the finest stadium in the land with over 79,000 fans in a vibrant sea of red creating one of the NFL's greatest home field advantages. Now, for the first time, the Chiefs' story is available in this thrilling two-DVD set - The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs. From Lamar Hunt's quest to build a second professional football league, to Larry Johnson, Herman Edwards and the Chiefs of today, The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs takes you inside one of the NFL's finest franchises. Join NFL Films as they re-capture the team's greatest moments and profile the legendary names that circle the field at Arrowhead. Re-live the thrilling playoff victories, the heart-breaking defeats - all amidst the renown class and style that define the Kansas City Chiefs. The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs is a must for any Chiefs fan - buy yours today!

Over 345 minutes of stuff.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Good thing this DVD was released before this miserable season. And too bad this season is now a permanent part of Chiefs history.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Good thing this DVD was released before this miserable season. And too bad this season is now a permanent part of Chiefs history.
    Agreed!

The DVD is nice to have IMO. My few minor gripes would be as others have mentioned. They didn't touch on good players who played during bad seasons (Art Still, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Lloyd Burress, etc.). They didn't cover some of the disappointing playoff loses during the Marty years (I know it would hurt to see them again - but it is part of the history).

They made some strange editorial choices in order to move things along faster. For example, during the section where they discuss Trent Green's season ending injury VS. the Bengals. They cut to a soundbite of Herm's where he discusses the need to move forward. At the same time they intercut a shot of Herm clapping on the sideline among the injury footage. The clapping was clearly from a different point in the game. The more representative way of doing this would have been to deal with the injury and then cut to the press conference where Herm made his statements. But that would add to the running time, which I guess they were trying to avoid.

All in all it's nice to have, though far from complete as many important Chiefs players & units (the defense during the 90's for example) weren't discussed as much as I would have liked.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDJGoDJ View Post
    The DVD is nice to have IMO. My few minor gripes would be as others have mentioned. They didn't touch on good players who played during bad seasons (Art Still, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Lloyd Burress, etc.). They didn't cover some of the disappointing playoff loses during the Marty years (I know it would hurt to see them again - but it is part of the history).

They made some strange editorial choices in order to move things along faster. For example, during the section where they discuss Trent Green's season ending injury VS. the Bengals. They cut to a soundbite of Herm's where he discusses the need to move forward. At the same time they intercut a shot of Herm clapping on the sideline among the injury footage. The clapping was clearly from a different point in the game. The more representative way of doing this would have been to deal with the injury and then cut to the press conference where Herm made his statements. But that would add to the running time, which I guess they were trying to avoid.

All in all it's nice to have, though far from complete as many important Chiefs players & units (the defense during the 90's for example) weren't discussed as much as I would have liked.
    Unfortunately, it is probably the closest to complete we will ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Unfortunately, it is probably the closest to complete we will ever see.
    Yeah I would love to have been able to see the compete Super bowl 4, but hear that it was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah I would love to have been able to see the compete Super bowl 4, but hear that it was destroyed.
    http://www.warnervideo.com/profootba...perbowlix.html

Can sometimes find them individually too but not sure always if the sites are as reputable as ones like Amazon.

Here's a description from one of them (I cite this just to highlight and note what is said about Len Dawson!)

Super Bowl 4 / IV Full Length Game on DVD - Pre-Game, Half-Time, Post-Game Included
    Kansas City 23 - Minnesota 7
    Tulane Stadium
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    January 11, 1970
    Attendance: 80,562
    MVP: Len Dawson, QB, Kansas City
    The AFL squared the Super Bowl at two games apiece with the NFL,building a 16-0 halftime lead behind Len Dawson's superb quarterbacking and a powerful defense.
    Dawson, the fourth consecutive quarterback to be chosen the Super Bowl's top player, called an almost flawless game, completing 12 of 17 passes and hitting Otis Taylor on a 46-yard play for the final Chiefs touchdown.
    The Kansas City defense limited Minnesota's strong rushing game to 67 yards and had three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
    The crowd of 80,562 set a Super Bowl record, as did the gross receipts of $3,817,872.69.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Can sometimes find them individually too but not sure always if the sites are as reputable as ones like Amazon.

Here's a description from one of them (I cite this just to highlight and note what is said about Len Dawson!)

Super Bowl 4 / IV Full Length Game on DVD - Pre-Game, Half-Time, Post-Game Included
    Kansas City 23 - Minnesota 7
    Tulane Stadium
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    January 11, 1970
    Attendance: 80,562
    MVP: Len Dawson, QB, Kansas City
    The AFL squared the Super Bowl at two games apiece with the NFL,building a 16-0 halftime lead behind Len Dawson's superb quarterbacking and a powerful defense.
    Dawson, the fourth consecutive quarterback to be chosen the Super Bowl's top player, called an almost flawless game, completing 12 of 17 passes and hitting Otis Taylor on a 46-yard play for the final Chiefs touchdown.
    The Kansas City defense limited Minnesota's strong rushing game to 67 yards and had three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
    The crowd of 80,562 set a Super Bowl record, as did the gross receipts of $3,817,872.69.
    $15 isn't bad. I bet it is all black and white though.

http://www.sportsvideosondvd.com/osc...roducts_id=135

Yep that's where I got that from. Sounds like an okay title for a website. I did once purchase Dallas and Pittsburgh Super Bowl 10 on dvd for $20 from Ebay. I'd love to have both KC super Bowls but in color, like you say. Gotta see the RED beat the PURPLE!

Also, I love Hank Stram, but some of the Toup's he was wearing in those interviews were hilarious.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112