Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

Post Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

I think this qualifies for hardcore.

Found this DVD on shelves today at my local Blockbuster for only $20.

It began with one man and a dream. It continued with Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Hank Stram, and an upset in Super Bowl IV. Today, the history of the Kansas City Chiefs lives on in the finest stadium in the land with over 79,000 fans in a vibrant sea of red creating one of the NFL's greatest home field advantages. Now, for the first time, the Chiefs' story is available in this thrilling two-DVD set - The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs. From Lamar Hunt's quest to build a second professional football league, to Larry Johnson, Herman Edwards and the Chiefs of today, The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs takes you inside one of the NFL's finest franchises. Join NFL Films as they re-capture the team's greatest moments and profile the legendary names that circle the field at Arrowhead. Re-live the thrilling playoff victories, the heart-breaking defeats - all amidst the renown class and style that define the Kansas City Chiefs. The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs is a must for any Chiefs fan - buy yours today!

Over 345 minutes of stuff.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Just another humble citizen trying to do my doodie!

:character00109:

Default NFL history of the Kansas City Chiefs dvd

The 2 disc dvd set of The history of the Kansas City Chiefs came out in August but, amazingly, I still haven't bought mine yet. But I plan to do so real soon. I'm sure it's a must for any Chiefs fan like me. And I'm sure I will really love seeing all the great footage of the best football team on earth from 1960 - present!

I'm curious though what other Chiefs fans here who have it think of it. The one thing that I was disappointed to hear was from this one Amazon review back in August:

"For the most part, this Chiefs history isn't bad. But, it's NOT COMPLETE. NFL films as chosen to COMPLETLY ignore KC Chiefs history from 1975 to 1988. What? How can a COMPLETE history NOT include those years? In the 1980's the Chiefs had players such as Bill Maas DL, Bill Kenney QB, Todd Blackledge (QB class of '83), Deron Cherry FS, Carlos Carson WR, Stephone Page WR, Nick Lowery K, Art Still DE, Keven Ross CB and many others. How could NFL films COMPLETLY ignore these fine players? I guess a COMPLETE history is only COMPLETE if the team is winning."

Now a later reviewer in September had this to say:

"The years between 1977 and 1989 are not dwelled upon nor should they, due to the fact that the Chiefs were not a good team except for 1986 and no Chiefs fan would want to relive it."

I see the point that the years from the 60's to early 70's and 1989-present should be more emphasized since there was much more success. But I still wish they at least would have gone through all the years since it was still Chiefs history. (In fact, I was all set and excited to order this a few months back until I learned of this disappointment. But now I think it's silly to not purchase and enjoy what there is included since it's THE CHIEFS!). Plus, seeing as how I started following the Chiefs in the mid 70's, the 1975-1988 years do hold a special place in my heart despite some rough years record wise.

Anyway, I'd love to see comments from Chiefs fans here about what you liked and/or didn't like about this dvd set, and what you think about the set ignoring (or largely ignoring) the 1975-1988 years. Amazon only has 5 total reviews.

Actually, I may better wait until after Christmas to order my copy because I can easily seeing this be something my family may get me for a present this year!

I LOVE THE CHIEFS!

Oh thanks Chiefster, and so sorry for starting another thread to this. I searched with the words "complete" and "history" first to see if this was an already existing thread but didn't find it. Sorry about that.

Looks like I have 7 pages of good reading about this dvd set now. :)

Well maybe 3 or 4 pages and then the thread got off topic as most threads do! But I see the general consensus is that this is indeed a must for Chiefs fans and that, as Guru said, it's too bad the less successful period of 1975-1988 was not included since it's still Chiefs history (plus, there are always good players and some bright spots to mention from even bad years, like the Chiefs clobbering the Raiders 42-10 in '75 and winning in Dallas 34-31 on MNF, and winning the '84 opener with an upset at Pittsburgh!). I'm gonna get mine, either as a gift this Christmas, or from my own credit card soon after. :)

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Oh thanks Chiefster, and so sorry for starting another thread to this. I searched with the words "complete" and "history" first to see if this was an already existing thread but didn't find it. Sorry about that.

Looks like I have 7 pages of good reading about this dvd set now. :)

No problem, we've all had reposts. :)

I have ordered the set from netflix, but they only sent disc 2.

I have gone over and over their website and cannot find how to get disc 1.

OK, I see what happened. There is a bonus material disc.

I just added it and now I am stoked!
    Last edited by hermhater; 12-15-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

It is an awesome disc. 4 hours and 45 minutes of Chiefs. I spent about 10 hours watching it the first day I got it. You will LOVE it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

What no one has burned it and sent me a copy yet? Well I dropped enough hints to those in the know so it is under the tree-or deaths will follow..I hope it is as goood as alll you Chiefs fans say it is. When I get mine I am going to burn it and give it my local Raiders fans..Ha
    Hard to wait-come to think I am headed for the tree right now.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    What no one has burned it and sent me a copy yet? Well I dropped enough hints to those in the know so it is under the tree-or deaths will follow..I hope it is as goood as alll you Chiefs fans say it is. When I get mine I am going to burn it and give it my local Raiders fans..Ha
    Hard to wait-come to think I am headed for the tree right now.
    I would have but i don;t know how to burn dvds and i dont know our address
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast