Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

Post Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

I think this qualifies for hardcore.

Found this DVD on shelves today at my local Blockbuster for only $20.

It began with one man and a dream. It continued with Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Hank Stram, and an upset in Super Bowl IV. Today, the history of the Kansas City Chiefs lives on in the finest stadium in the land with over 79,000 fans in a vibrant sea of red creating one of the NFL's greatest home field advantages. Now, for the first time, the Chiefs' story is available in this thrilling two-DVD set - The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs. From Lamar Hunt's quest to build a second professional football league, to Larry Johnson, Herman Edwards and the Chiefs of today, The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs takes you inside one of the NFL's finest franchises. Join NFL Films as they re-capture the team's greatest moments and profile the legendary names that circle the field at Arrowhead. Re-live the thrilling playoff victories, the heart-breaking defeats - all amidst the renown class and style that define the Kansas City Chiefs. The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs is a must for any Chiefs fan - buy yours today!

Over 345 minutes of stuff.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    What no one has burned it and sent me a copy yet? Well I dropped enough hints to those in the know so it is under the tree-or deaths will follow..I hope it is as goood as alll you Chiefs fans say it is. When I get mine I am going to burn it and give it my local Raiders fans..Ha
    Hard to wait-come to think I am headed for the tree right now.
    Last time I burned a DVD it was real crispy.

Crispy would happen when the Chiefs win.. Website called DvDFab Platinum4. Was on sale this month. I stand by it. It went through Ratatouille no problem and that was the hardest yet. Did American Ganster last month.All this for my own personnel use only..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Last time I burned a DVD it was real crispy.
    Mine melted.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Crispy would happen when the Chiefs win.. Website called DvDFab Platinum4. Was on sale this month. I stand by it. It went through Ratatouille no problem and that was the hardest yet. Did American Ganster last month.All this for my own personnel use only..
    Agreed I still like DVD shrink though ( for personal backup purposes only of course) DVD Shrink is free, it is easy and it still works with 90 percent of movies or more. I use DVDFab HD the free version of that, with that and Shrink I was able to do Ratatouille, which I also believe was the hardest DVD I have seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It is an awesome disc. 4 hours and 45 minutes of Chiefs. I spent about 10 hours watching it the first day I got it. You will LOVE it!!
    You are so right, I LOVE it!

I got this as a Christmas present (along with Chiefs fuzzy dice and another Chiefs mug). I had to work yesterday, then I watched "The Nativity Story", then opened my gifts. So I started to watch this last evening and loved the first hour or so. But then kept falling asleep.

NOT because I stopped loving it but because I often can't watch tv for very long in the evenings without falling asleep if I've worked earlier in the day. I kept waking up realizing I missed the last 15-30 minutes or so and rewound it to where I last saw. But then a couple minutes later it was zzzzzzz again! After five more times of this I gave up and went to bed.

But now I am rested and have the whole day off so am looking forward to more of this dvd! I love how much Len Dawson (my favorite Chief of all time) football scenes and commentary there is. And I love when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl and he said, "The Chiefs are the greatest team in the UNIVERSE!"

So I saw all the great parts from 1960-1972. I'm up to where they mentioned the Chiefs hired Paul Wiggin for '75 and how the Chiefs were in a decline for the most part through 1988. But I'm glad they did bring up that in Wiggin's first game against the Raiders the Chiefs whipped them 42-10. (I'd love to see THAT game released on dvd!)

So it'll be great to see all the other Chief stuff here. Like at one of the points I woke up they were showing Dante Hall returning a kick and said how he was called "the human joystick".

And dvds like this will always be fun for repeat viewings.

By the way, Canada, when you spent about 10 hours watching it the first day does that also include a few doze off periods too, heh?!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    By the way, Canada, when you spent about 10 hours watching it the first day does that also include a few doze off periods too, heh?!
    No dozing for me, but I got the DVD on my day off and i was well rested!! Glad you are enjoying it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just thoroughly enjoyed some more of it. Great to see lots of footage of our '93 playoff wins against Pittsburgh and Houston. Marty did a heck of a job for us in his tenure.

And I like an inspiring thing Marty said. He was talking about how the Raiders always seemed to be trying to intimidate. And he said he'd tell his players, "We're not going to be intimidated. We might lose the game, but they won't intimidate us." I like that. He's acknowledging that in life winning isn't necessarily a guarantee no matter how hard you try. But your own attitudes and efforts are totally in your control regardless. :)

I had to stop for a while after just seeing the sad part about the Derrick Thomas death in 2000. But the last words of that segment were touching: "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief" (said at Kemper Arena funeral service).

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Just thoroughly enjoyed some more of it. Great to see lots of footage of our '93 playoff wins against Pittsburgh and Houston. Marty did a heck of a job for us in his tenure.

And I like an inspiring thing Marty said. He was talking about how the Raiders always seemed to be trying to intimidate. And he said he'd tell his players, "We're not going to be intimidated. We might lose the game, but they won't intimidate us." I like that. He's acknowledging that in life winning isn't necessarily a guarantee no matter how hard you try. But your own attitudes and efforts are totally in your control regardless. :)

I had to stop for a while after just seeing the sad part about the Derrick Thomas death in 2000. But the last words of that segment were touching: "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief" (said at Kemper Arena funeral service).
    that is a tough part to watch without a tear in your eye!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    that is a tough part to watch without a tear in your eye!!
    Girl.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Girl.
    No, I am a guy so you can stop sending me those dirty pm's cause no matter what you offer me I will NOT join you and HH for a night of "fun". Please leave me alone

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast