Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!!!!

Default Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!!!

I knew that Herm would be back, however, i did not think that Carl would have. Here's to a good draft in April and hopefully some good moves in Free Agency. I know they want to build through the draft, but we just have way too many holes to fill without a little free agency help. Not expecting a playoff run next year, just steady improvement. (8-8, with a winning record at home)

That game on Sunday was boring, and hard to watch. I wish I could have a job where mediocrity was the status quo, and that I would have job security regardless of my incompetence. I know there are plenty of you that like Herm and want to give him a chance, but still what has he done. No one that supports him has given any statistics defending him, or given any explanation as to why you think he's a good coach. Sub .500 record, in 7 seasons and he has never rebuilt a team, Parcells rebuilt those Jets.

I hope Tony doesn't retire...Am I the only one thinking that?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

As dirty as I feel saying it I am kinda wanting Tony to retire or to ask for a trade, I think he is the only one that can shake up this tree.

I imagine Tony will be staying a Chief for his entire career.

He was about the only person on offense this year that was getting the job done.

If Herm doesn't run him out of town, he will stay a Chief until he retires is my best guess.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I imagine Tony will be staying a Chief for his entire career.

He was about the only person on offense this year that was getting the job done.

If Herm doesn't run him out of town, he will stay a Chief until he retires is my best guess.
    I agree, I just hope he is not ready to retire now. Is he in line for anymore records to break?

i hate to be the optimist, but if we ARE somehow able to address the offensive line to where we had a good offensive line next year, there is no telling how good our record could be.

Look at how many games this year that we had a chance to win. With a good offensive line this year, we probably would have had a nice 9-7 record at least.

We do have some talent on our offense for sure! The only thing that kept that talent from being fully utilized was BY FAR MOSTLY OUR OFFENSIVE LINE, then second to that, but honestly not close in comparison, was the negligence of Herm Edwards and his (not solari's in my opinion) predictability on offense.

But now that we have voiced our opinions and done everything within us fan's power to can Herm....now that I know he is the coach, I chose to believe that next year we are going to surprise some ppl and make the playoffs.

I don't just say that out of blind faith. I say that because of what I KNOW WE DO HAVE right now as far as player personel...and with the hope and some faith that we will somehow make enough change to have a good offensive line next year.

...the only thing that I can see that would cause us to have another bad year next year is the offensive line not changing drastically.

so, in a nutshell....

a good offensive line for the 2008-09 season = playoffs

the same, pitiful offensive line next year = same results as this year...

...and yes i believe all this to be the results even under Herm's coaching.

Herm is not THE problem. He is only one of the problems.

The major problem is the O line and nothing else comes close to being on the same level of a problem. Not even Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by KUHAWKS View Post
    i hate to be the optimist, but if we ARE somehow able to address the offensive line to where we had a good offensive line next year, there is no telling how good our record could be.

Look at how many games this year that we had a chance to win. With a good offensive line this year, we probably would have had a nice 9-7 record at least.

We do have some talent on our offense for sure! The only thing that kept that talent from being fully utilized was BY FAR MOSTLY OUR OFFENSIVE LINE, then second to that, but honestly not close in comparison, was the negligence of Herm Edwards and his (not solari's in my opinion) predictability on offense.

But now that we have voiced our opinions and done everything within us fan's power to can Herm....now that I know he is the coach, I chose to believe that next year we are going to surprise some ppl and make the playoffs.

I don't just say that out of blind faith. I say that because of what I KNOW WE DO HAVE right now as far as player personel...and with the hope and some faith that we will somehow make enough change to have a good offensive line next year.

...the only thing that I can see that would cause us to have another bad year next year is the offensive line not changing drastically.

so, in a nutshell....

a good offensive line for the 2008-09 season = playoffs

the same, pitiful offensive line next year = same results as this year...

...and yes i believe all this to be the results even under Herm's coaching.

Herm is not THE problem. He is only one of the problems.

The major problem is the O line and nothing else comes close to being on the same level of a problem. Not even Herm.
    I believe Herm is the reason the O line is so bad, so Herm is the problem.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I believe Herm is the reason the O line is so bad, so Herm is the problem.

you mean because of the players that he is responsible for putting on the team...or because he is doing a bad job of coaching the o line?

if it is because of his personel of linemen...that he got the wrong guys, then, yes, you can blame him.

But I hardly believe it has anything to do with what he is or isnt teaching them in practice.

With O-line, you are either good at blocking and have the right athleticism and body to be good or you are bad at blocking and dont have enough athleticism or the right body to be a good nfl linesmen.

any news about solari????

Quote Originally Posted by KUHAWKS View Post
    you mean because of the players that he is responsible for putting on the team...or because he is doing a bad job of coaching the o line?

if it is because of his personel of linemen...that he got the wrong guys, then, yes, you can blame him.

But I hardly believe it has anything to do with what he is or isnt teaching them in practice.

With O-line, you are either good at blocking and have the right athleticism and body to be good or you are bad at blocking and dont have enough athleticism or the right body to be a good nfl linesmen.
    He did nothing to address the aging O line in the draft the last two years, and signed a big turd named McIntosh to protect the QB's blind side.

Herm doesn't want a good O line because then we would score too many points.

Herm doesn't like points.

He did nothing to address the aging O line in the draft the last two years, and signed a big turd named McIntosh to protect the QB's blind side.

Herm doesn't want a good O line because then we would score too many points.

Herm doesn't like points.

ok, yes, then i agree with you that it was herm's fault that we had bad players on the o line.

I do still stand by my statement that if he is able to somehow completely revamp the o-line for next year and the o line is indeed good, then we will be a force to recon with...and a playoff team. And I mean a true playoff team, unlike the team of Herm's first year tenure with the Chiefs. That was given to us.

With a good o line, we will earn a playoff birth next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast