Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Default Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Do you think that LJ will actually show up this year like he did back in 06, or will he just be a screw up like he was last year? I'm hoping with the addition of Matt Cassel, he'll actually try to do something this year, but we all know he know has a superstar mentality like OchoCinco.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead4lyphe View Post
    Do you think that LJ will actually show up this year like he did back in 06, or will he just be a screw up like he was last year? I'm hoping with the addition of Matt Cassel, he'll actually try to do something this year, but we all know he know has a superstar mentality like OchoCinco.
    I don't think that he was a screw up last year.

We have two promising, yet inexperienced QB's and a receiving corps that is only adequate. Lj will be given the opportunity to be the man again. Haley will not put up with the attitude he has demonstrated in the past. It will be put up or you're out of here and IMO he knows that if he's out of here, his value in the NFL will be very low. So far it looks like he will produce this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    We have two promising, yet inexperienced QB's and a receiving corps that is only adequate. Lj will be given the opportunity to be the man again. Haley will not put up with the attitude he has demonstrated in the past. It will be put up or you're out of here and IMO he knows that if he's out of here, his value in the NFL will be very low. So far it looks like he will produce this year.
    Yep, we have Tyler and Matt! And "yep" once more, IMO LJ will be a great player if he improves his attitude!

he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games.

he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games.
    Injury prone? maybe. Disapointment in the last two years? Definitely. But a bust? Not a chance. He missed 12 games but he also put up the best numbers any KC RB ever has. That is not a bust IMO.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

ok, if ur injury prone, u won't be an elite back in this league. Take a look at some good RB's who have gotten injured, then look at the rest of their career. Preist Holmes for one. Sickest back in the league at one point, got injured, never produced another 10 game season.

Another guy would be Shaun Alexander. he had like 4 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, got injured in 07, didn't produce much that year, still injured in 08, didn't produce then.

One of the only guys who I can say got injured, came back and did his thing is Edgerrin James. he got injured back in like 2000, or 01, came back and put up around 1,000 yards. The only thing he didn't really do was score TD's, cuz the colts would then throw it on the goalline.

ok, if ur injury prone, u won't be an elite back in this league. Take a look at some good RB's who have gotten injured, then look at the rest of their career. Preist Holmes for one. Sickest back in the league at one point, got injured, never produced another 10 game season.

Another guy would be Shaun Alexander. he had like 4 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, got injured in 07, didn't produce much that year, still injured in 08, didn't produce then.

One of the only guys who I can say got injured, came back and did his thing is Edgerrin James. he got injured back in like 2000, or 01, came back and put up around 1,000 yards. The only thing he didn't really do was score TD's, cuz the colts would then throw it on the goalline.
    Guess what? Every RB in today's NFL is injury prone. Very few of them make it through one 16-game season. Almost none make it through two straight 16-game seasons. It's just the way the position is now.

LJ was run into the ground (416 carries!) by his idiot HC in 2006. His injury in 2007 wasn't exactly a surprise. Nor is the fact that he'd need a couple years to heal his legs.

LJ is our best offensive threat until Cassel gets comfortable in the passing offense. He seems rejuvenated this offseason. I was calling for his head in February. I'm glad I was wrong and we kept him.

If we want a shot at winning six games this year, we'll need LJ to produce. I think he has a few 100 yard games in him. I think he totals 14 games, 1200 yards, 14 TDs. Which is pretty good.

With the amount of time LJ has not been on the field over the past couple of years and based on his salary, I expect more than a 1200 yd season.

If these guys were getting paid by the game, I think they may find a way to gitter done a little better..Which includes taking care of yourself in the off season.

So how does this make any of the previously mentioned RBs a bust?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast