Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Default Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Do you think that LJ will actually show up this year like he did back in 06, or will he just be a screw up like he was last year? I'm hoping with the addition of Matt Cassel, he'll actually try to do something this year, but we all know he know has a superstar mentality like OchoCinco.

I don't find it a coincidence that LJ best years were when he was running behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Once Roaf and Shields retired, with the departure of Wiegmann. This offensive line has been horrific, and so has dropped the production of LJ. Yes, he carried it a record amount time right in the back of his line for short gains.

I don't care who is running the ball or throwing it. They will all look like screw ups if the offensive line performs like it did last year.

Yep!! It's hard to run or throw when you're laying on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't find it a coincidence that LJ best years were when he was running behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Once Roaf and Shields retired, with the departure of Wiegmann. This offensive line has been horrific, and so has dropped the production of LJ. Yes, he carried it a record amount time right in the back of his line for short gains.

I don't care who is running the ball or throwing it. They will all look like screw ups if the offensive line performs like it did last year.
    Well said. And all very true. If you look at youtube clips of Matt Cassel last year - you see no quit in the OL of the Patriots. If they got knocked down, they got right back up and found someone to block, no loafing around.

If anything the last few years should have taught us, it's that letting the O-line go ignored will result in bad seasons. We've lost three QB's (Green, Huard, Croyle) and three RB's (Priest Holmes, LJ, Colby Smith) due to injuries during the season. I'm hoping that Pioli and Haley have accounted for this. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead4lyphe View Post
    Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Yes!

That is all.

If I had the line he started with here in KC and then it went to **** I would be frustrated to. Lets not worry and trust our head coach and new GM. they wanted to keep him instead of dumping him. and I trust those to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead4lyphe View Post
    he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games.
    I guess since it's your opinion, you're more than entitled to it. But, Larry did avg. 4.5 yds per carry last year. more than L.T(3.8) more than Clinton Portis(4.3)Marshawn Lynch(4.1) Marion Barber(3.7) there's more but my opinion is Larry is far from a bust, he truly needs a swift kick in the a_ _ ! no doubt! He got his money and like alot of them, coasted. Now he has to make the team to get paid. A little more incentive for him to be the man bull he has been in the past. So he has been a screw up, I'm hoping like alot of you that he puts his screw gun in forward/drive and screws it down.

It doesn't make them busts; I think maybe he is just thinking that the injury bug is gonna creep up on LJ like it did with the guys he mentioned.

Hell, I think of the glass 1/2 full. Because of his 400+ carries he got injured the following season (again, no one really was shocked). Missing 12 games over the last 2 years can be a positive this year if he is rejuvenated and healthy...less wear and tear on the body to bounce back this year

...Don't believe in Karma; just that one reaps what one sows. :p

I like the "LJ is a bust" sentiment a lot, I wish more people felt the same way, it would make fantasy draft day a lot sweeter getting him in the 5th or 6th round instead of the 3rd or 4th. 1500 yards and 15+ td's next year!

Thanks Aussie!

I find it entertaining that these type of players squeal like little pigs in order to "get the ball", then "to get paid" and once they do, they typically blame their lack of production on someone else or they are injured due to getting too many touches.

This is one reason why I like the coach and management we have right now.

As far as LJ being a "bust". Yes he is because he laid down on his team on the field and off the field.

If I pitched a crybaby fit for a raise, then kept getting in trouble outside my job, which in turn, caused me to miss work thus dumping the load on my coworkers...Well, my arse would be standing in the unemployement line.

The dude made millions off of the FANS and then decided that alcohol and poor treatment of women was his new fortay.

He is a bust and a prick until proven otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12