Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trent Green retired today. We ALL owe him thanks!

Default Trent Green retired today. We ALL owe him thanks!

As I heard that Trent retired today, a bit of sadness overcame me. For just a few short few moments, I felt like he had un-finished business to do..... as a Chief! I was pissed and sad and mad and pissed and sad and mad all over again. Not so much that you would have known if you were around me, but more of an uncomfortable inside feeling. I obviously know that he is old now and that he is injury prone and just a resemblance of what he once was. But, for just a few seconds I wanted Trent back. He was just sooo good. Such a leader, such a player, such a stand up human. You will hear broacasters and radio personalities say that we haven't had a Great QB since Lenny or even Joe. But we have! His name was Trent Green and he threw for 4,000 yards 3 seasons in a row! That was while we were also running the ball like crazy! Remember the 3rd down throws with rushers breathing down his neck that he would complete time after time after time after time after time? Rememeber the throw to Eddie in OT against the Packers? Remember the perfectly threaded pass to Dante on Monday Night Football against the Bills, that went for six? If you do like I do, then you have to feel the way I do. I wish that Johnny Morton wouldn't have dropped that third down pass against the Colts or that our defense could have made just ONE stop that game! I wish that CP would have gave him a defense. I wish that he would have returned from his injury a few years back in his old form and led us to victory against the Colts in Herms first year. I wish, I wish, I wish. That Super Bowl ring that Kurt Warner wears, should be Trents. He played like a champion and for 4 or 5 years none of you had any worries about our offense because of this man. I hope the legend of Trent Green lives forever. God bless. He was great!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Since I can't edit my post after 10 minutes I will just reply with my correction. Bill Kenney did not pass for over 5,000 yard he infact went over 4,000 yds in the air. I found this on KCChiefs.com :
    Kenney earned a Pro Bowl berth after racking up a franchise-record 4,348 yards through the air
    Sorry I was not thorough in my numbers , I was going off memory not what I found in text.
    Well, we'll forgive you......this time!

Since I can't edit my post after 10 minutes I will just reply with my correction. Bill Kenney did not pass for over 5,000 yard he infact went over 4,000 yds in the air. I found this on KCChiefs.com :
    Kenney earned a Pro Bowl berth after racking up a franchise-record 4,348 yards through the air
    Sorry I was not thorough in my numbers , I was going off memory not what I found in text.
    Sorry Chris, but comparing Bill Kenney to Trent Green just doesnt cut it. Trent Green not only threw for 4,000 yards 3 years in a row, but also had over 90 QB rating. He led the most prolific offense in Chiefs history. Bill Kenney is known as a bust. Trent is not.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Ok, thanks, now

Welcome!

Good bye and thanks for the tour stop! lmao

1 of only 6 QBs to pass for 4000+ yards in at least 3 seasons. Great OL or not, he did it without ever having a premier wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    1 of only 6 QBs to pass for 4000+ yards in at least 3 seasons. Great OL or not, he did it without ever having a premier wide receiver.
    Now that's a QB!

Yea, he was a decent QB but he couldn't do enough to help us win a SB. I know he is only 1 guy but the numbers he got should have atleast got us more than a playoff appearence ,with no wins at that. Oh well, we are movin forward and I think we have a better outlook than we had even with the team Dick Vermiel had. Dare I say it again?
    I believe baby!
    ....Guess so.......

I know, I'm using that line a bit much.........but I do Believe man, I have too cuz if I don't I won't watch any of the games nor would I want or care about anything regarding the Chiefs. As a fan it is my duty to believe and IMO all of the fans not just me. Am I wrong?
    Are you wrong? ARE YOU WRONG?? You're not Wrong, YOU'RE RIGHT!

Man, that is one fat statement!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12