Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Green retired today. We ALL owe him thanks!

Default Trent Green retired today. We ALL owe him thanks!

As I heard that Trent retired today, a bit of sadness overcame me. For just a few short few moments, I felt like he had un-finished business to do..... as a Chief! I was pissed and sad and mad and pissed and sad and mad all over again. Not so much that you would have known if you were around me, but more of an uncomfortable inside feeling. I obviously know that he is old now and that he is injury prone and just a resemblance of what he once was. But, for just a few seconds I wanted Trent back. He was just sooo good. Such a leader, such a player, such a stand up human. You will hear broacasters and radio personalities say that we haven't had a Great QB since Lenny or even Joe. But we have! His name was Trent Green and he threw for 4,000 yards 3 seasons in a row! That was while we were also running the ball like crazy! Remember the 3rd down throws with rushers breathing down his neck that he would complete time after time after time after time after time? Rememeber the throw to Eddie in OT against the Packers? Remember the perfectly threaded pass to Dante on Monday Night Football against the Bills, that went for six? If you do like I do, then you have to feel the way I do. I wish that Johnny Morton wouldn't have dropped that third down pass against the Colts or that our defense could have made just ONE stop that game! I wish that CP would have gave him a defense. I wish that he would have returned from his injury a few years back in his old form and led us to victory against the Colts in Herms first year. I wish, I wish, I wish. That Super Bowl ring that Kurt Warner wears, should be Trents. He played like a champion and for 4 or 5 years none of you had any worries about our offense because of this man. I hope the legend of Trent Green lives forever. God bless. He was great!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

We do owe him thanks.

thanks Trent

Thanks Trent!

Thanks for the memories Trent.

i agree tek
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thanks Trent!

I sent an e-mail to Bob Gretz and even though his response was short, I thought that you guys might want to hear it. This is what I submitted:

Hi Bob. My name is Brandon Spano. I submit articles for the Chiefscrowd.com during the season and am a frequent reader of yours all year round. Anyway, I really thought that we owed Trent something. I didnt write an actual article, but just kinda threw together a quick commentary on Trent and submitted it in the fan forum at the crowd. I thought that I would send it to you and that maybe you could write a nice peice about Trent. These are my thoughts:

I obviously sent him the commentary and this is what he had to say:

Nice piece Brandon. Trent's a good man, who will do well in his next life. Bob Gretz

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

A great Football player and a great Person!

Here's to you Trent!

i would take Trent over Payton Manning anyday. Some reason i just dont like him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast