Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broncos WR Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

Exclamation Broncos WR Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    One thing for sure...Pat Bowlin has bought in to the NE way of doing things and you have to admit....They are showing no favoritism just as our new mgmt has shown.

I know it looks like an implosion right now....I somewhat agree with that as well....But beware because they did draft some good talent and the folks they have on the team will do it the way (the NE way) 100% or be gone.

While I felt Shanny was a real good coach, I do think his disciplinary side had become laxed, to some degree.
    It isn't the Pats way to shop your young pro bowl QB and getting it leaked to the press. Or drafting a RB in the 1st round. Or getting in a public salary battle with your star receiver. Or ignoring the gaping holes in your front seven.

Bowlen is following the Oakland Raiders way of doing business. And he'll have the exact same success Al Davis has these past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It isn't the Pats way to shop your young pro bowl QB and getting it leaked to the press. Or drafting a RB in the 1st round. Or getting in a public salary battle with your star receiver. Or ignoring the gaping holes in your front seven.

Bowlen is following the Oakland Raiders way of doing business. And he'll have the exact same success Al Davis has these past few years.
    First, the Pats will look at any option and if I'm not mistaken, they would have shopped Brady had the progress of his rehab not been up to par.

Second, on that note, no one has actually proven a timeline on whether Cutler asked for the trade first or if Bowling entertained the trades first. You get that concrete information, then we won't even have to debate it. The only concrete fact is that the info got out about trade talks.

As far as 1rst rd RB's drafted by the Pats...They drafted Maroney in 06 and prior to that, it was Robert Edwards in 98. So, big deal.

On Marshall's salary dispute, I believe he is the one that started the comotion and quite frankly, how is he in a demanding stance with his current domestic and injury issues?

The front seven issues...yep, there has been some neglect there but then again, based on what many of us have said on this board, we have not gotten the attention that we feel is needed towards our OL or DL as well. So, now what?

I will go on record as saying that the Broncs will out perform the Raiders this year and in the upcoming years. Not saying it won;t be competitive but as an entiire body of work, the Broncos will be more of our concern than the Raiders.

First, the Pats will look at any option and if I'm not mistaken, they would have shopped Brady had the progress of his rehab not been up to par.
    As long as Tom Brady is in the top-half of NFL QBs, he'll be a Pat. Trading the face of your franchise is what smart franchises do at the end of the player's career, not in their prime. And not when the fans would revolt. And they certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to battle it out in the press.

And they certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to fire Belichek because he missed the playoffs, replace him with a 32-year-old, and then try and trade Brady saying that he wasn't right for their system. Which is what the Bronocs basically did.

Second, on that note, no one has actually proven a timeline on whether Cutler asked for the trade first or if Bowling entertained the trades first. You get that concrete information, then we won't even have to debate it. The only concrete fact is that the info got out about trade talks.
    No, you're mistaken. When McDaniels came in, he looked at two three-ways trade between either the Broncos/Lions/Patriots or Broncos/Bucs/Patriots and in which Culter would go to the Lions or Bucs, Cassel would go to Denver, and the Pats would get multiple picks from either the Lions or Bucs. Pioli is much smarter than the Broncos leadership, and they beat Denver to the punch for Cassel.

Word got back to Cutler that he was on the trade block. McDaniels and Bowlen first told Cutler and the fans that they never intended to trade Cutler. When Culter found out this wasn't true, he went to talk to Bowlen and McDaniels and asked for assurance that he wasn't going anywhere. Bowlen and McDaniels wouldn't give him that long term assurance. He then demanded a trade.

There are multiple, multiple sources that show this. Google it, or barring that Wikipedia links to most of them.

As far as 1rst rd RB's drafted by the Pats...They drafted Maroney in 06 and prior to that, it was Robert Edwards in 98. So, big deal.
    First, Edwards was drafted before the Belichek/Pioli era began. And it was a terrible pick. Second, the Pats drafted Maroney only after their entire front seven was set in 2006. They didn't draft a RB in 2001 when they were first building the team.

On Marshall's salary dispute, I believe he is the one that started the comotion and quite frankly, how is he in a demanding stance with his current domestic and injury issues?
    Marshall went to ask for more money or to be traded. He felt that he was getting paid too little money to get killed by Kyle Orton in a contract year. He knew that if he were seriously injured for the year, he would be cut by the Broncos and get nothing, not even this year's salary. And he has no outstanding domestic issues. The charges filed in March were dropped the next day.

He's in a demanding stance because he catches 100+ balls a year and has breakaway speed and great hands. Because many, many teams would trade for him, and 31 teams would pick him up if he were a FA. And because the Broncos have very little talent left.

The front seven issues...yep, there has been some neglect there but then again, based on what many of us have said on this board, we have not gotten the attention that we feel is needed towards our OL or DL as well. So, now what?
    In his first year, Pioli traded for a starting OLB (Vrabel), signed a starting ILB (Zach Thomas), and drafted two starting DEs (I'm betting Magee beats out Dorsey by at least midseason). That's the majority off the front seven. And it doesn''t include the possiblity of Beisel starting. The Broncos haven't even come close to that.

I will go on record as saying that the Broncs will out perform the Raiders this year and in the upcoming years. Not saying it won;t be competitive but as an entiire body of work, the Broncos will be more of our concern than the Raiders.
    Fine you're on record. But you're wrong. The Raiders are actually improving at key positions (at least on defense). They're a better team than the one that won four games last year. And the Broncos are a whole lot worse than the one that won eight games last year.

The Broncos are in for five years of losing and losing badly. Minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    As long as Tom Brady is in the top-half of NFL QBs, he'll be a Pat. Trading the face of your franchise is what smart franchises do at the end of the player's career, not in their prime. And not when the fans would revolt. And they certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to battle it out in the press.

And they certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to fire Belichek because he missed the playoffs, replace him with a 32-year-old, and then try and trade Brady saying that he wasn't right for their system. Which is what the Bronocs basically did.

No, you're mistaken. When McDaniels came in, he looked at two three-ways trade between either the Broncos/Lions/Patriots or Broncos/Bucs/Patriots and in which Culter would go to the Lions or Bucs, Cassel would go to Denver, and the Pats would get multiple picks from either the Lions or Bucs. Pioli is much smarter than the Broncos leadership, and they beat Denver to the punch for Cassel.

Word got back to Cutler that he was on the trade block. McDaniels and Bowlen first told Cutler and the fans that they never intended to trade Cutler. When Culter found out this wasn't true, he went to talk to Bowlen and McDaniels and asked for assurance that he wasn't going anywhere. Bowlen and McDaniels wouldn't give him that long term assurance. He then demanded a trade.

There are multiple, multiple sources that show this. Google it, or barring that Wikipedia links to most of them.

First, Edwards was drafted before the Belichek/Pioli era began. And it was a terrible pick. Second, the Pats drafted Maroney only after their entire front seven was set in 2006. They didn't draft a RB in 2001 when they were first building the team.

Marshall went to ask for more money or to be traded. He felt that he was getting paid too little money to get killed by Kyle Orton in a contract year. He knew that if he were seriously injured for the year, he would be cut by the Broncos and get nothing, not even this year's salary. And he has no outstanding domestic issues. The charges filed in March were dropped the next day.

He's in a demanding stance because he catches 100+ balls a year and has breakaway speed and great hands. Because many, many teams would trade for him, and 31 teams would pick him up if he were a FA. And because the Broncos have very little talent left.

In his first year, Pioli traded for a starting OLB (Vrabel), signed a starting ILB (Zach Thomas), and drafted two starting DEs (I'm betting Magee beats out Dorsey by at least midseason). That's the majority off the front seven. And it doesn''t include the possiblity of Beisel starting. The Broncos haven't even come close to that.

Fine you're on record. But you're wrong. The Raiders are actually improving at key positions (at least on defense). They're a better team than the one that won four games last year. And the Broncos are a whole lot worse than the one that won eight games last year.

The Broncos are in for five years of losing and losing badly. Minimum.

We shall see! Good luck!

i hope the cookie keeps crumbling screw the donkeys

I doubt the Donks will trade him within the division.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123