Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs are still out of shape!!

Default Chiefs are still out of shape!!

Bob Gretz reported that the players went through a physical test at the last practise:
    "The conditioning test has the players run 50 yards three times, then a one-minute break, then 50 yards three more times, a one-minute break, and then 50 yards three more times. The little guys like defensive backs and wide receivers have to run under 55 seconds. The running backs, tight ends, quarterbacks, linebackers have to do it in 58 seconds and the big boys on the offensive and defensive line get 62 seconds."

Now i looked at the numbers and thought they were pretty high for top athletes. and i was right. The DB's averaged a speed about 9,82 km/h.

I'm not in that good of a shape but when I run I have a average speed of 14 km/h. I don't get paid to play any sort of sport. How in the world would this ever be a test for at top athlete. I don't even run that slow when I warm up!!

I have a friend that layed in bet for 2 years because of a illness. When she got better she tryed to run 3km and did it in 17 min. Thats an average speed of 10,5..

Now my question is. What kind of test is this for top athletes. If we are in better shape how much of an professional is the chiefs players if they aren't in better shape? No wonder we couldn't cut it in the 4th quarter last year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I didn't know Chris had ever left. :p
    I mean that he had a great comebcak to the previous post, but I'm guessing you know that!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I mean that he had a great comebcak to the previous post, but I'm guessing you know that!
    Yep I did.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Your correct, I never did leave . I have always stood my ground here wether it is popular or not so popular.

Actually, my statement wasn't directed at Chiefster as he was the post before mine. My statement was simply made upon the theme of the thread. People can believe what they wish but fact is, if these kids in the NFL now days don't take the attitude I stated, they will find thenselves in a possible 1 or 2 seasons and out situation IF they are lucky.
    Nothing wrong with respectfully standing ones ground.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    ...People can believe what they wish but fact is, if these kids in the NFL now days don't take the attitude I stated, they will find thenselves in a possible 1 or 2 seasons and out situation IF they are lucky.
    That is one reason why I feel that salaries have increased so much over the years. The player stance has been that their longevity is reduced by injury and I say in comparison to what?? An accountant or a truck driver?? LMAO!

Should they get paid nicely? Of course. But hamstring injuries, pulled groins, tendon issues...These are typical injuries suffered due to lack of stretching and conditioning.

These types of injuries have increased over the years and this is just something I have noticed.

What about guys getting cramps? That is dehydration...I would bet cash money that the night before the game, there was a nice consumption of alcoholic beverages! LMAO!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123