Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Preview!!!

Default 2009 NFL Preview!!!

www.whatifsports.com has a preview for the 2009 season. CHiefs predicted at 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    San Diego isn't as good as they were two years ago in a lot of spots (including DL and OG), but Rivers and his receivers are getting better and better every year, especially with the addition of Chambers at WR, and I think that will be the difference.

Or to put it another way, they went 8-8 and won a playoff game against the Colts with Merriman and LT out. They now have English and Siler to prevent the dropoff at LB in case of injury, and Sproles proved that he can be an able backup if LT goes down, at least when he's playing on turf and not Heinz Field. Not to mention that their schedule, like ours, isn't really that tough. I think they'll kill the Browns, Bengals, Skins, Cowboys, and Dolphins. I think they beat Tennessee (Week 16, when Collins will inevitably be hurt), Eagles (at home), and Ravens (at home) teams just due for slumps. And I think they go 4-2 in division. That's twelve wins right there. Not to mention that the Giants have looked awfuly mortal without Plaxico and the Chargers certainly can beat the Raiders twice.

I know I sound like a Chargers fan, and I hate the Chargers, but their GM has built that team into an annual contender. I can't help but admire it.

Now, here's my plan. Pioli should offer Cassel to the Chargers for Rivers. We should leak the story that the Chargers are considering it. BAM! We have another Cutler situation and we sweep the AFC West.
    Haha. Well done.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Coach;138104[B
    ]Have the Chiefs ever swept this division? [/b]What makes you think we will sweep the division when we are in a complete rebuilding year and are coming off the worst season in Chiefs history?

I'm not trying to be Debby-Downer, but you may want to have more realistic expectations or this could be a very frustrating season for you.
    Yes, we have, in 1995 we went 8-0 (Seattle was still in our div.) lost to the Colts 7-10 in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yes, we have, in 1995 we went 8-0 (Seattle was still in our div.) lost to the Colts 7-10 in the playoffs.

All I know is we are currently 0-0; tied for the division lead. I don't see us losing this lead for the rest of the season.
    Homer post!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    All I know is we are currently 0-0; tied for the division lead. I don't see us losing this lead for the rest of the season.
    Homer post!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 06-20-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Am I theonly guy who say the Chiefs play the Chargers last year and lose by 1 point? They barely beat a 2-14 Herm Edwards coached team, how good can they be?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

You're underestimating San Diego, who I think will go (at least) 12-4. They are a very, very good team in their prime.
    So you expect an 8-8 team with a 30 year old RB and a roidless Merriman to make a 4 game improvement this year? Why can't u give the Chiefs that kind of credit?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So you expect an 8-8 team with a 30 year old RB and a roidless Merriman to make a 4 game improvement this year? Why can't u give the Chiefs that kind of credit?
    Man, you need to pay more attention. I've posted many, many times, that I think the Chiefs will improve by five games this year (to 7-9, maybe 8-8 if we get a few breaks). That doesn't equate to a winning season, unfortunately, but it's pretty great, given the mess Herm left of the team.

And yeah, SD should improve this year. Tomlinson and Sproles are going to share the RB load, Rivers and his receivers are improving every year, and the Chargers loaded up on LBs in the draft in case Merriman isn't up to the challenge. They have a pretty easy schedule as well.

For that matter, I think Oakland will be better than they were in 2008 as well, improving a couple wins to 6-10.

It's Denver that's going to take the big plunge, down to 1-15, 2-14.

Man, you need to pay more attention. I've posted many, many times, that I think the Chiefs will improve by five games this year (to 7-9, maybe 8-8 if we get a few breaks). That doesn't equate to a winning season, unfortunately, but it's pretty great, given the mess Herm left of the team.

And yeah, SD should improve this year. Tomlinson and Sproles are going to share the RB load, Rivers and his receivers are improving every year, and the Chargers loaded up on LBs in the draft in case Merriman isn't up to the challenge. They have a pretty easy schedule as well.

For that matter, I think Oakland will be better than they were in 2008 as well, improving a couple wins to 6-10.

It's Denver that's going to take the big plunge, down to 1-15, 2-14.
    It's true that the Chargers covered their weaknesses pretty well through the last draft, and I know you already covered the Norv Turner factor, but I just can't see it with him.

The guy is constantly given great talent and just turns it into mediocrity. He scuffles into the playoffs and his team finally starts playing like they should, but the guy just isn't much of a regular season coach.

The point being, every year, people predict this team to be 12-4 or whatever, and they fall short. In 07, they had the talent to be 13-3 at least, and were 11-5. In 08, they should've been 11-5, but they were 8-8. Yes, they had injuries, but they lost a lot of games in the last second, that reflects on the coach.

Now, am I saying they won't win the division? Absolutely not, I'm looking at them at around 9-7, I just can't see them at anything better than 11-5, because that's the best they've been with Norv with some of the best talent.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Am I theonly guy who say the Chiefs play the Chargers last year and lose by 1 point? They barely beat a 2-14 Herm Edwards coached team, how good can they be?
    Nope, I seen it too. TWICE!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast