Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of our proud offense.

Default The future of our proud offense.

Saunders is gone,Solari is in.O.K. with me.Our offense will be fine this year with almost any coordinator in the league.(barring injury)
    That's because of the "W" crew.Will; Willie; Weigmann; Waters and Welbourn.While I do feel that T-Rich was a major contributer,the nucleous of our blocking team is in tact.(Dunn and Gonzales are also a big part of that but their names don't start with W.):)
    When a receiver has time to run his route and make his moves,he will get open.And if a quarterback has time to wait for him and still has room to step into his throw,he will get the ball to him.And if a halfback has enough time and space to get a couple yards head start before having to deal with defenders,then he will gain alot of yardage.And when all of these things happen,an offensive coordinator will be able to call plays with less disruption.
    If your team has the best quarteback, halfback, receivers, and coordinator,but they have a weak offensive line.Then you will end up looking at Ryan Leaf, Ron Dayne, David Boston and Ron Turner.Any of these guys would be All-Pro players(or a head coach)if they had a truly dominant blocking team.Ron Dayne will be a fine example of that this season when he gets more carries with Denver.(although their O-line is only dominant because they are willing to end a players carreer to get the job done.)
    Let me point out that there have been some truly exceptional players in the league.Players who can find a way to succeed with below average blocking teams.Peyton Manning came into the league with a sub-par O-line.Micheal Irvin made hurried throws look "pinpoint".And surely we've all seen what Barry Sanders did with no fullback and a severly handicapped O-line.Brett Favre; Jim Brown; Gayle Sayers;Terrell Owens(love him or hate him),just to name a few.But average players become exceptional when they have the time and space they need to show their skills.
    Herm worries me a great deal, as a Chiefs fan.I trust him fully as a defensive coach.What worries me are these two facts.(1)Chad Pennington has been chronically injured for a reason.He has been under intense pressure from pass rushers for his entire carreer.(2)The Chiefs did not draft a blocker until the sixth round.Knowing full well that his current blocking team may only be around this season.
    I, as much as about anyone, love a greot defense.But I feel that Winston Justice was the best player available when we made our first selection in the draft.We have some young talented players at DE.Rather anyone knows it or not.And if you take a good long look around the league,you'll find that an elite tackle only comes around in the first round.(The exception here being Walter Jones.)Top ten pick to be accurate.
    Winston Justice slipped down the draft board quite a way.Most draft experts had him going in the top fifteen. All of them had him in the first round.He slipped so far because of "charcter issues".But, honestly, when was the last time a tackle made alot of news for "character issues"?
    Anyway,enough of my sour grapes over Winston.I have hope for Herm.I just have alot of worries about him.I am, after all, a Chiefs fan.Worry is always a factor.

Default Re: The future of our proud offense.

Great article did you write it???? If you did I invite you to sign it and submit it to the Chiefs news category. Good stuff!

Excellent read.

I am worried about Herm for about the same reasons. Let's just hope he will find a way to keep the offense going in the future so our next QB does not suffer like Pennington did.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Excellent read.

I am worried about Herm for about the same reasons. Let's just hope he will find a way to keep the offense going in the future so our next QB does not suffer like Pennington did.
    It is a great read; I was impressed; of course that isn't saying much. However, I did like it; brought up some very good points.

Yes, I wrote it. That was a second(much shorter) version. My first attempt was erased by the site telling me "you have no right to post on this thread".
    I'm not certain why it did that, but...I was a little salty after swallowing that particular pill.Since then,I copy every post before submission.

chief31 wrote:
    Yes, I wrote it. That was a second(much shorter) version. My first attempt was erased by the site telling me "you have no right to post on this thread".
    I'm not certain why it did that, but...I was a little salty after swallowing that particular pill.Since then,I copy every post before submission.
    Sorry about that; I too have no idea why it would do that, but I will bring it up to the Administrator. Still; it was a good article.

That stinks. I would like to have read the complete article.

Yup; I recommend writing it in Word first then doing the "copy and paste" thingy. ;-)

Congrats on 400

Guru wrote:
    Congrats on 400
    Thanks; your post count is coming right along as well. :-D

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast