Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs games online 1962-present

Default Chiefs games online 1962-present

I found a site I wanted to share with the Crowd.

KC Chiefs Games

You can watch complete Chiefs games here. Various ones are included from their championship in 1962 as the Texans to the present time. I'm watching the 1978 regular season game at Pittsburgh now. The Chiefs were 4-12 and the Steelers were 14-2 and won the Super Bowl that year. But the Chiefs only lost 27-24 in Pittsburgh. Not bad.

I look forward to watching our 56-10 rout of Atlanta in 2004 followed by our 45-35 win against the Colts the next week (over 1000 total yards between the 2 teams!)

Some other good classics there like various Joe Montana games, the 1975 MNF win at Dallas, and the 54-34 rout of the Rams in 2000 (the Rams were 6-0 at the time, ha!).

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I remember watching that game on tv and you was on I hope I have it right , but I remember seeing your red face and thinking , What a crazy Fracker! LMAO!!!!
    If it was an endzone shot then it would be me. I was in Row 5 right beside the band!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I just watched the 1989 game where the Chiefs beat the Cowgirls 36-28. What fun seeing Deron Cherry, Stephone Paige, Christian Okoye, Nick Lowery all at beautiful Arrowhead. And Derrick Thomas in his rookie season.

Also Marty's first year as coach for us. I thought it's an interesting parallel that 20 years ago in '87 and '88 we only won 4 games each year under Gansz, and then Marty took over and brought us 9 winning seasons in a row. Hopefully Haley taking over for Edwards has the same results (except this time we win the SB and not only have winning records, of course!).

And also of note is we started 1-4 in '89 but still had a winning record. So if we likewise start off a little slow this fall, be encouraged that better days are still ahead.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 06-28-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I didnt have my finger in my nose or anything did I?
    Why I think you did now that I think back on it. I was watching the game on my TV that day.

I think, or was I.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Why I think you did now that I think back on it. I was watching the game on my TV that day.
    I believe you were at the game old man!! Maybe next year you should not try and keep pace with us!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Oh I'm sorry about this. It's always embarrassing to start a new thread without realizing it's previously been brought up.

Yes it really is a wonderful site. I'm watching the Chiefs 56-10 game against the Falcons now. Just the beginning of the game with all the red in Arrowhead is so great. The announcers said how they sold out every game since 1991 (this was 2004) and how hard it is for visiting teams to hear when the KC crowd gets going.

They said, "They're loud and they're proud!"

GO CHIEFS!
    Hey, no worries. We've all reposted before. :)

Thank you guys.

This Chiefs archived game site is additionally special for an out of towner Chiefs fan like me since the majority of the games weren't originally on air in my local area at the times.

It's also neat hearing some of the commentators at the time for various things. Like a few days ago when I watched that classic 2004 45-35 win over the Colts (great revenge from 2003 playoffs!) the refs were calling a lot of defensive penalties on the Chiefs for tiny infractions. And the CBS commentators said the Patriots do far more physical contacts all the time and never get flagged for them.

And then of course this Chiefs Crowd site itself is indeed so great to be able to talk Chiefs football with other fans. As well as being able to go to the Chiefs official web site and the Kansas City Star online. Yes sir, the internet has enriched a whole new world for Chiefs fans who don't live near KC or have moved a significant distance from KC. :)

I've stickied the thread so the link can be accessed at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I've stickied the thread so the link can be accessed at any time.

What's cool is to zoom in to make the games take up the full screen (like you can do with youtube videos). Basically makes your monitor just like a tv.

Right now I'm watching (don't read this, rbedgood!) the 2006 game where the Chiefs beat the 49ers 41-0. I'm tending to select first all of the games where the Chiefs won by blowouts, woohoo!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast