Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign S Mike Brown

Default Chiefs sign S Mike Brown

Chiefs pick up veteran safety Mike Brown - Kansas City Star

The Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with veteran safety Mike Brown. Brown, a nine-year veteran and a 2005 Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears, could challenge either of the incumbents, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, for a starting job.

Brown, 31, quickly established himself as one of the league’s top safeties after being drafted by the Bears in the second round in 2000. He is Chicago’s all-time leader in defensive touchdowns with seven.

Durability might be Brown’s biggest issue. He missed 44 games over the past five seasons because of injuries. He played in 15 games last season but did not play in the season’s final game because of a calf injury.

Brown’s contract expired at the end of last season and the Bears made no effort to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    A+ signing. Great safety to take over for Page. A sure handed tackler and excellent coverage man
    Thats where the drastic improvement over Page is obvious to me. This makes Page the 6th best DB on his own team. Maybe theres a spot for him on special teams...
    SHUT IT

Page isn't going anywhere and it's not out of the question that Brown will rotate around at safety so all 3 guys stay fresh.

He is basically Mr. Glass, so hopefully he's not overused and does not come down with a season ending injury in week 2.

Excellent signing though. Adds a lot of ability and experience to a young, inexperienced secondary.

No matter where they line him up, He adds much Very good signing.

Overall....I think we could very well be a "GOOD" football team by the 6th game of the season. I know I can get a little pessimistic about some things but then I remind myself of the personnel we have signed, drafted and already had on the roster and quite frankly, with the coach we have, things could be pretty darn good!

Well i believe we are going to the Super Bowl this year but then again i also thought i could grow wings and fly.

Yes, this is the news I have been waiting for. Now I just need to hear the words Marvin Harrison some time in the next month, and I will be so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Why do you want Harrison? He is to old for the money IMO.
    Because Marvin Harrison is a professional in every sense of the word. Do not let his age fool you, this man can play ball, and play it well. Marvin Harrison on our team would mean more open time for our other receivers, and that has to be a good thing. I see nothing wrong with signing Marvin Harrison to a one year deal, Whos With ME?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Well i believe we are going to the Super Bowl this year but then again i also thought i could grow wings and fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Doesn't matter if you have wings or not, if you believe you BELIEVE!!!!
    That makes 4 now + myself, now all I need to do is get about 400,000 more people and my job will be completed (KC Metro area)
    Anything is possible; the same cannot be said about probabilities.

I was going to make a poll to see when Brown gets knocked out for the season, but I'm to lazy

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I was going to make a poll to see when Brown gets knocked out for the season, but I'm to lazy
    Way to stay positive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast