Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign S Mike Brown

Hybrid View

Default Chiefs sign S Mike Brown

Chiefs pick up veteran safety Mike Brown - Kansas City Star

The Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with veteran safety Mike Brown. Brown, a nine-year veteran and a 2005 Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears, could challenge either of the incumbents, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, for a starting job.

Brown, 31, quickly established himself as one of the league’s top safeties after being drafted by the Bears in the second round in 2000. He is Chicago’s all-time leader in defensive touchdowns with seven.

Durability might be Brown’s biggest issue. He missed 44 games over the past five seasons because of injuries. He played in 15 games last season but did not play in the season’s final game because of a calf injury.

Brown’s contract expired at the end of last season and the Bears made no effort to re-sign him.

Any specifics on $$$$$... aw who cares, we needed some depth back there, Mike Brown baby!

I know someone posted earlier that he might replace Pollard, but if God is good, Page is being demoted as we speak.

Great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I know someone posted earlier that he might replace Pollard, but if God is good, Page is being demoted as we speak.

Great signing.
    Brown played FS in Chicago didn't he? No way Pollard gets bumped down, he's ideal for a 3-4.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Brown played FS in Chicago didn't he? No way Pollard gets bumped down, he's ideal for a 3-4.
    Yeah, he played FS in Chicago. Someone posted that Gretz posted that someone told him that Brown would be brought in to replace Pollard, not Page. That's pretty third hand, but it was at least rumored.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, he played FS in Chicago. Someone posted that Gretz posted that someone told him that Brown would be brought in to replace Pollard, not Page. That's pretty third hand, but it was at least rumored.
    Yeah, that was me. Bob said that if Mike Brown would have left Arrowhead with a contract that Pollard would probably be looking for his way out of town too. I dont agree with it, but thats just what I read

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Does anybody know if Brown could be suited as a SS in the 3-4?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Does anybody know if Brown could be suited as a SS in the 3-4?
    I don't think he would be better than Pollard. He's smaller, and if age and injury hasn't hampered him too much, faster. Also, he's an INT machine more like Page is. Pollard has the tenacity that benefits the entire defense throughout the game, can't afford to lose that.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    I don't think he would be better than Pollard. He's smaller, and if age and injury hasn't hampered him too much, faster. Also, he's an INT machine more like Page is. Pollard has the tenacity that benefits the entire defense throughout the game, can't afford to lose that.
    OK so looks like Pages' job in jeopardy with this signing...
    SHUT IT

A+ signing. Great safety to take over for Page. A sure handed tackler and excellent coverage man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast