Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : KC’s Pre-Season Starting Lineup

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : KC’s Pre-Season Starting Lineup

By Terry AmbrosonI went out to the KC Chiefs website and looked up the current roster. The Chiefs have 85 players and will eventually have to limit the roster to 53 players. Without trying too hard I was able to cut it down to 53 and really didn’t have much trouble giving players starting jobs. After hearing Scott Pioli talk after the draft I realize that the Chiefs will probably sign someone that is let go by another team between the draft and the opening of training camp. Hey they will probably even pick up some players that are dropped...

More...

My only issue with all of this is the statement that Pollard has to improve. I think you got your players mixed up there. Page is the one needing improvement. Pollard really stepped up last season. Enough so that he has turned into one of my favorite players and I expect even better things out of him this year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    My only issue with all of this is the statement that Pollard has to improve. I think you got your players mixed up there. Page is the one needing improvement. Pollard really stepped up last season. Enough so that he has turned into one of my favorite players and I expect even better things out of him this year.

Pollard still doesn't know how to tackle or cover, but he did improve his speed greatly.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Fans are the only ones that believe this Vern. Everybody else ( analyst, ex-players, writers, etc. ) have it exactly as Terry wrote it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page is more of a finesse back. You need DB with at least finesse coverage attributes, and some physical(like a fast LB that can cover somewhat. Pollard is more of the physical). And his Coverage ability is suffice if you consider the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Pollard still doesn't know how to tackle or cover, but he did improve his speed greatly.
    Tackle...yes hes can, coverage is his vice.

And Page can cover but isnt the best tackler.

Page is unbelievable, if you consider the pass rush.

What Im trying to say is:

We've got a damn good 2ndary.

We've [had] the worst pass rush in NFL history. No, not the worst pass rush in Chiefs history, not the worst past rush in AFC history. The worst pass rush ever in the NFL since the NFL has ever known.

POP QUIZ!:

What is a DBs best friend?

Answer:

A D-line that doesn't allow the QB get the ball to the buy he's covering. ( Whether is be by hurrying the QB or by sacking).

Now Im not sure about this. But i believer our turnover ratio was way better than average. ((Someone look that up for me). Having a turnover ratio that good with a piss poor pass rush is absolutaly unbelievable, and a complement to our 2ndary.

Pollard can hit, but I don't know how many times that I've seen him just run by guys or bounce of them because he doesn't wrap up. THAT'S tackling. Hard hits should only be saved for when the ball is meeting the receiver.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Pollard can hit, but I don't know how many times that I've seen him just run by guys or bounce of them because he doesn't wrap up. THAT'S tackling. Hard hits should only be saved for when the ball is meeting the receiver.
    Yeah I think that you pretty much summed it up. And what confuses me is that you know that pollard has the strength to tackle well he just doesn't wrap up. And though his coverage did improve last year it can still improve. But i think that both of these issues have the same common denominator... He is just trying to make the big play. He wants the fumble instead of the tackle or the int instead of the pass def which leads to over pursuit...

But with the improvement we saw last year and the addition of mike brown to add some veteran experience to the equation... there is no doubt in my mind pollard is going to mature into a great SS.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Yeah I think that you pretty much summed it up. And what confuses me is that you know that pollard has the strength to tackle well he just doesn't wrap up. And though his coverage did improve last year it can still improve. But i think that both of these issues have the same common denominator... He is just trying to make the big play. He wants the fumble instead of the tackle or the int instead of the pass def which leads to over pursuit...

But with the improvement we saw last year and the addition of mike brown to add some veteran experience to the equation... there is no doubt in my mind pollard is going to mature into a great SS.
    No doubt Mike Brown is a huge P/U. Even if he isn't 100% healthy all year, he can at least bring some well needed experience to our secondary. Tackle the freakin' ball carrier!!
    SHUT IT