Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I knew I liked Chris Carter for a reason !

Default I knew I liked Chris Carter for a reason !

A video on who he thinks will be the breakout receiver of 2009:

Dwayne Bowe - ESPN Video - ESPN

Chris Carter is almost right on the money with this one, however, Even though I wish it was true, D Bowe will never be the receiver Fitzgerald is.

Good post. Bowe has all the physical tools. Maybe this coaching staff can work on his concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Don't be so sure VG, DBowe is a bad man and he can jump just as high if not higher than Fitz. If he can get his hands working to web sling those balls in he could be a as$ kickin WR. After that catch when it had appeared the ball was going to Gonzales and Bowe came flying in like friggin Superman to catch it for the TD , that was just plain sweet. Even TG was surprised to see it and they laughed as they both ran off the field.
    He swooped in out of no where because he wasn't supposed to be there! He ran the wrong route.

No doubt, Bowe has all the physical tools, with the exception of speed, but until he stops dropping balls, he'll just be an alright receiver. When I see him not drop any over a prolonged period of time and he's constantly producing, then I'll say he's near the top.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    He swooped in out of no where because he wasn't supposed to be there! He ran the wrong route.

No doubt, Bowe has all the physical tools, with the exception of speed, but until he stops dropping balls, he'll just be an alright receiver. When I see him not drop any over a prolonged period of time and he's constantly producing, then I'll say he's near the top.
    Agreed 100%. Until he catches nearly everything that is thrown his direction, and stops dropping the ones that hit his hands, he will never be directly compared to Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bowe is bad by any means, I am sooo thankful to have him, I just think its a long-shot putting him up there with Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Agreed 100%. Until he catches nearly everything that is thrown his direction, and stops dropping the ones that hit his hands, he will never be directly compared to Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bowe is bad by any means, I am sooo thankful to have him, I just think its a long-shot putting him up there with Fitzgerald.
    Well Vanilla, considering that you still have Tony G. as your sig. picture, Im gonna assume that you are / were a pretty big fan of his. With that said, you might remember that Tony dropped alot of passes his second year. In training camp last year, Tony was even saying that Dwayne would have to work really hard not to go through that. Im almost positive that Tony dropped 14 passes his second year, the same number as D-Bo, but I couldnt find the stat any where so Im not sure. The only thing I found was an old article saying that Tony G. was gonna have to be more consistent if he wanted to be any good. He turned out to be pretty good... I guess.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

It'll be tough for Bowe. With no Tony G demanding a double team, opposing teams can concentrate on Bowe, as no one else among our receivers frighten them

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    It'll be tough for Bowe. With no Tony G demanding a double team, opposing teams can concentrate on Bowe, as no one else among our receivers frighten them
    I dont think Chan Gailey and Todd Haley are worried about not being able to create a game plan able to get D-BO open. These guys are both one of the best in the biz. If a defense wants to target D-BO, THEY WILL take advantage of that. Thats when D-BO starts to get open.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Don't be so sure VG, DBowe is a bad man and he can jump just as high if not higher than Fitz. If he can get his hands working to web sling those balls in he could be a as$ kickin WR. After that catch when it had appeared the ball was going to Gonzales and Bowe came flying in like friggin Superman to catch it for the TD , that was just plain sweet. Even TG was surprised to see it and they laughed as they both ran off the field.

Talking about that?>
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I sure hope Chris is right; if he is then he will become my favorite football analist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast