Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel Vs Thigpen

Default Cassel Vs Thigpen

www.bobgretz.com

A very good look at the competition at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Bob Gretz is a stand up guy but it almost makes me think he is looking for a QB conreoversy. I hope he is wrong and Cassell does what we brought him in for.I like Thiggy but not enough to have Cassell fall on his *** for him to get in the game and that is what will need to happen for Thiggy to get the knod IMO.
    He doesn't care about the controversy itself, he just cares about a story. Classic media.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I think he is saying this should be a competition and that Cassell shouldn't be handed the job. I agree and look forward to seeing both men on the field this year. I have no clue which one is beter. Thigpen did a lot of great stuff last year. His arm strength would be my biggest concern. He tended to just float the longer balls up for grab. Luckily he had Bowe(Tall and athletic) and TG(best TE of all time) going after the ball.

I am very encouraged that at least one of these guys can be a great Chiefs QB for years to come.

I agree with Gretz.

No one knows what Cassle will do with a different team. I mean we knew Damon Huard was capable of running this team, but failed miserably with Croyle last year and then Thigpen improved this offense. What if Huard or Thigpen were the back ups in New England. Would their results be the same, or worse as Cassel's????

We will never knowthat, but we will know the truth about Cassell very soon.

Has Cassel signed yet??? The delay makes me think the Chiefs don't want to tie up a bunch of longer term money in him just in case he is not that guy. Thigpen is an excellent insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Cassle
    Cassell
    Cassel
    ... Wow. 3 different spellings in one post, huh? I'm impressed.

Who cares about his grammer dude, the point he is making is what you should comment on as this is not school, it's Chiefs Chat!!!!! As for what he is saying about the topic, that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. We can see you didn't have the sack to voice your opinion but, you can bash a guy for poor grammer.
    Dude, take a pill. It was a lighthearted joke, and you're attacking my manhood. Real mature.

Huard was a back up in New England at one point. He came from the Pats when we picked him up. He did get in the game once or twice I believe but not sure, I think that was the reason why we picked him up as a back up QB. At any rate, Huard was good when he didn't have to worry about the line caving in around him but that would affect anyone. If our line can do it's job, I think everyone is going to be very surprised with Cassell.
    I have to agree with you on that one. I think the quarterback situation in KC hinges entirely on whether or not the offensive line can perform at a high level. Cassel seems to be the better traditional pocket QB (although mobile at times), so I have a feeling that he'll retain the starting job if the O-line can pull it's own weight. However, plan on seeing a lot of the more mobile Thigpen if the line performs like they did last season.

Oh, and hopefully Cassel can take a hit a little better than Damon (and Brodie, for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    www.bobgretz.com

A very good look at the competition at QB.
    Cassel wins due to the size of his contract.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Cassel wins due to the size of his contract.
    Maybe they should pay Thigpen $14 million so that it can be a fair competition!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I'm hoping it is a true competition. Cassell had only slightly better numbers in Td/Int than Thigpen. Say what you want, but the Pats line was a better front than ours.He(Cassell)obviously held on to the ball way too long...40 something sacks. If it's just the money that automatically makes him the starter, that stinks. May the BEST man win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast