Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offense

Default Offense

Hey Guys, big Viking fan here. Anyway, fantasy question here. What type of offense is Haley planning on running with the Chiefs this year? Thigpen was a fantasy stud in my league last year with the spread. New coach, new qb, new TE, what do the Chiefs plan on doing this year? Coming from AZ I would think that Dwayne Bowe could have a big year but there isnt really a compliment to him anywhere.

Hey man, any Chiefs player will get you plenty of fantasy points. Sigh Cassel, Bowe, LJ and Jamaal Charles and you should do just fine!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Bowe should have a big year, but will see a lot of double coverage. It will probably be a pass heavy offense, so Cassel could have good upside in a fantasy league, but at the same time it will be his first year on the team and his supporting cast won't be as good as it was last year.

I probably wouldn't get any Chiefs RBs if I were you, just a hunch.

Thanks guys. Enjoy Tyler Thigpen, we might not be talking about Brett Favre if it werent for you guys. hahaha. Childress was sick when you guys signed him off our practice squad, we lost out on Thigpen because went wanted Kelly Holcomb and Brooks Bollinger........

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfan View Post
    Thanks guys. Enjoy Tyler Thigpen, we might not be talking about Brett Favre if it werent for you guys. hahaha. Childress was sick when you guys signed him off our practice squad, we lost out on Thigpen because went wanted Kelly Holcomb and Brooks Bollinger........
    Your loss. In fact I thought the move to send Thigpen to the practice squad was just plain DUMB.. Bolinger should have been cut. They should have known that Peterson and the Chiefs were looking to draft Tyler had not the Vikes picked him up.

Nah... I think we will keep him.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Bowe should have a big year, but will see a lot of double coverage. It will probably be a pass heavy offense, so Cassel could have good upside in a fantasy league, but at the same time it will be his first year on the team and his supporting cast won't be as good as it was last year.

I probably wouldn't get any Chiefs RBs if I were you, just a hunch.
    IMO the Chiefs will run the ball a lot more this year. The Ol might not be perfect yet, but it is improved over last year. Lj has a better attitude, if he stays healthy he should have a good year. The pieces aren't in place for Haley to open up the offense at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    IMO the Chiefs will run the ball a lot more this year. The Ol might not be perfect yet, but it is improved over last year. Lj has a better attitude, if he stays healthy he should have a good year. The pieces aren't in place for Haley to open up the offense at this point.
    Yeah, look for us to run an offense much like the Pats in 2003 and 2004. Bowe will get his catches, but Cassel will spread the ball around in a short-to-medium precision passing game. We're going to run the ball early and often to keep a young and learning defense off the field as much as possible. We need a better OL and WRs before we come close to the offense Haley ran in Arizona. The Chiefs are going to be in a lot of 17-14 games this season.

I see Cassel with about 3000 yards and 20 TDs. LJ (barring injury) should have a great year, 1500 yards 16 TDs. Bowe will be a very solid 1000-1200 yard, 10-12 TD WR. There's too much uncertainty as to starters at the other positions (Bradley v. Engram, O'Connell v. Cottam, etc.) to say they'll be valuable fantasy players. And while Charles might be worthwhile as a late round handcuff, he's not going to be getting more than 4-5 touches/game unless LJ gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I agree about the running game. LJ wanted the ball and the Worm wouldn't give it to him, now with a different line and Haley giving him the knod I believe he will get atleast 1,000 yards this year , maybe more. The passing game is a toss up but, with Engram in the mix DBs won't be able to double DBowe like they have been because if they do Engram will be there for a first down every time. That is what BE does best is catch the ball as the unseen guy of the offense IMO. I was watching some stuff about the Seahawks on a site and they used Engram on 3rd down quite a bit. Until teams become aware of that he is our 3ed down guy, then once defenses realize that DBowe will be open more often and Haley can open up the offense more. It all falls back to the running game though, if that isn't working , none of it will but, I think it will be a big running year for the Chiefs Offense.
    There isn't any way to know for sure. I know Edge didn't like Haley last year because he wouldn't let him run. I don't care as long as we win games.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

BOO!! My friend is a vike fan, I give him crap all the time as much as he gives me. Anyways, no one really knows what going on, we all have speculations. I believe its going to be some type of spread.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

mark bradley

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast