Thread: Thigpen and his summer camp at CCU

Default Thigpen and his summer camp at CCU

Article and video of Tyler's first QB/WR camp.

Thigpen back to help young quarterbacks | SCNow

By Matt Lincoln
    News13 Sports Director
    Published: July 9, 2009
    Tyler Thigpen’s great story - becoming the first quarterback in Coastal Carolina history, being the first draft pick out of the Big South, and starting in the NFL as a second year player - becomes even more compelling when you know he didn’t play QB his second year of high school.
    But the Kansas City Chief is back to help those high school quarterbacks reach where he is now, by holding the first annual Tyler Thigpen QB/WR Camp at Coastal Carolina University. The camp is actually for more than just seniors, ages range from 7 to 18. Young athletes have come all over the Southeast to learn from a current NFL quarterback.
    The humble Thigpen came from humble beginnings, and he says that was a major reason why he wanted to have this camp. Thigpen said the most important thing he’s trying to teach the kids is about discipline and listening to their coaches.
    Thigpen just finished offseason training activities in Kansas City where he’s battling with free agent signee Matt Cassel for the starting job. Cassel is getting most of the first team snaps under first year head coach Todd Haley.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Thiggy didn't play QB until his sophomore year in high school?

I'm sorry, but that makes his play all the more impressive. This is a kid that could become an Elway, IMO.

Then his Sr yr of HS, he played RB and WR for the "good of the team". He was recruited by Coastal as an "athlete"

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    At the end of that video clip the reporter said that Thigpen isn't getting a fair shake at the starting QB spot for KC against Matt Cassell. Is that dude a retard or does he actually believe he is a real reporter? Haley isn't going to give Thigpen the starting QB job unless one of a few different things happen,

1.Cassell simply sucks and can't play the game like he is suppose to.
    2.Cassell gets hurt.
    3.Cassell refuses to play for the team.

I doubt Cassell will suck & I pray that he won't get hurt plus it is totally friggen nuts to say he wouldn't play for the Chiefs.
    Matt has the job for many reason but the main reason is he is being paid $14 million for one season whether he sits on the bench or plays every play. It is idiots like that reporter that are trying to get a QB controversy going in KC because it's news for them to write about, a controversy does not help the team in any way in fact it hurts the team . It would be best if everyone would just let things be until otherwise proven that Matt can't handle the job and Thiggy is needed, Tyler isn't complaining, he is happy to be on a NFL team. Now I am sure he would love to be the starting QB , who wouldn't but, he isn't .
    I would like to see Tyler be the better player but Cassell would be fine too...........

Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Cassel Vs Thigpen

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    At the end of that video clip the reporter said that Thigpen isn't getting a fair shake at the starting QB spot for KC against Matt Cassell. Is that dude a retard or does he actually believe he is a real reporter? Haley isn't going to give Thigpen the starting QB job unless one of a few different things happen,

1.Cassell simply sucks and can't play the game like he is suppose to.
    2.Cassell gets hurt.
    3.Cassell refuses to play for the team.

I doubt Cassell will suck & I pray that he won't get hurt plus it is totally friggen nuts to say he wouldn't play for the Chiefs.
    Matt has the job for many reason but the main reason is he is being paid $14 million for one season whether he sits on the bench or plays every play. It is idiots like that reporter that are trying to get a QB controversy going in KC because it's news for them to write about, a controversy does not help the team in any way in fact it hurts the team . It would be best if everyone would just let things be until otherwise proven that Matt can't handle the job and Thiggy is needed, Tyler isn't complaining, he is happy to be on a NFL team. Now I am sure he would love to be the starting QB , who wouldn't but, he isn't .
    You might take into consideration the the reporter is a local Myrtle Beach/Conway reporter. He is biased and slanted towards Thigpen after following him all through college. Before Tyler came to KC, there sure weren't many Chief fans down this way. So that reporter is mot trying to "create" a controversy, he is just saying what the local Thigpen fans want to hear.

Go Chiefs!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png