Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassel signs multi-year contract

Default Cassel signs multi-year contract

According to the KC Star, Cassel has signed a multi-year contract.

Chiefs sign Matt Cassel to multi-year contract | Red Zone

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    On top of that, Terrell Suggs got more than Cassel!! So, either we got an extremely good deal based on Sugg's deal, or Suggs is highly overpaid.

Personally, I don't think Suggs was worth that kind of money.

Also, we still have some cap space and I think our O-Line will be improved over last year.

You have to understand that this will be the first year in while that we actually have some stability in leadership. That can make a ton of difference in attitude, determination and self-discipline.
    Comparing the pay of a DE and a QB is comparing apples and oranges. We got a good deal with Cassel. It would have cost us more money to draft a QB high than to sign Cassel long-term. Plus we frontloaded the contract, so if it doesn't work out, little harm done.

The Ravens got a great deal with Suggs. He's an elite pass rusher. Those are very few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Locking up a franchise QB before solidifying the OL is a scary proposition with a bad history, so I really hope it works out for us. That's my only concern. The contract is fine since it's front loaded, so the potential of us being screwed is much less. Less guaranteed money than Stafford despite being more proven. I'm kind of indifferent for now, with the potential to be very happy.

Nicely put, and I share the sentiment.

Rep!

Does anyone here honestly want a "cheap" QB? I have listened to people complain for years that we do not have a "stud" QB or francise QB. IF you want those things, they are going to cost $$$. Lots of $$$. I hear everyone say he is unproven, but he has more experience than any other QB in this years draft. He won 11 games in the NFL. I don't care what the Pats record was the year before, fact is Cassel went and won 11 games. I could give you 5 games in the Pats undefeated season that they could very well have lost. So if you want to say that Cassel is no Tom Brady then I can't argue that (yet) Don't let past disappointments ruin something exciting. I have seen 6 Chiefs wins in 2 years and now there is someone doing something about it and people are still complaining. If u don't want to watch highly paid QB's, come watch the CFL!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

We did NOT overpay for Cassel. We needed a franchise QB and its obvios Pioli thinks Cassel is the man or why trade our 2nd to get him.
    Good teams sign good players long term.
    If you people think signing Cassel was the wrong thing to do, then you probably think signing Pioli was the wrong thing to do also.
    And if thats the case I'm curios what you would have done if you were Clark Hunt following 6 wins in 2 years...
    SHUT IT

All conjecture at this point; time will tell who is correct in their assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    I love the pioli signing i just am worried. I love the fact that our starting qb is set finally. Im worried that cassel isnt the answer because he doesnt have a really strong arm. I have yet to see him make all the throws needed on a consistent basis but time says this year will let us know a little more about who he is.

Eggsactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    I love the pioli signing i just am worried. I love the fact that our starting qb is set finally. Im worried that cassel isnt the answer because he doesnt have a really strong arm. I have yet to see him make all the throws needed on a consistent basis but time says this year will let us know a little more about who he is.
    I agree with the time will tell part, but all of this weak arm stuff you hear from the media, fans and rivals alike is all bs. Tom Brady was accused of having a weak arm when he took over, Pennington is accused of it now. What I'd want in my quarterback more than anything else is a game manager, that's what Big Ben, Brady and Rothlisberger have in common. Guys like Jamarcus Russel and Kyle Boller have some of the strongest arms in the league, and look where they're at. Strength and control can be developed, work ethic, attitude and personality can't. From the sounds of it, we've got one hell of a team player, gotta love this signing.

Thanks Aussie!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhUXqSTf-8Y"]YouTube - New England Patriots[/ame]

Where does any1 see a weak arm? i dont see 1.

That didn't look weak.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

It looked more like a Moss video than one for Cassel.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast