Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel signs multi-year contract

Default Cassel signs multi-year contract

According to the KC Star, Cassel has signed a multi-year contract.

Chiefs sign Matt Cassel to multi-year contract | Red Zone

Looks like they gave seen enough to pencil him in as the "Golden Boy"! That leaves Thiggy and of course, Croyle to holding the clipboard (jockstrap). LMAO!

Good move. If you're willing to trade a 2nd for Cassel, you sign him long term. Halfway measures never won anybody anything.

The big question now is whether we keep Thigpen for the final year of his contract or trade him now when his value is highest. I say keep him unless someone offers too much (2nd rounder or higher) to say "no."

One thing that has not been mentioned by anybody is the backup QB competition. Todd Haley has said that he doesn't care about any type of situation (high conract, veteran, undrafted, etc.) when it comes to picking his depth chart. The best will play. With that said. There is no way Thigpen out plays Croyle in training camp if Brodie is 100%. Im not saying that I want Brodie in front of Thigpen, because I like Thigpen alot. But he is just not a seasoned QB like Croyle. You all know what the players and coaches thought of Brodie in last years training camp / pre-season. Bottom line: the guy has a cannon that even Matt Cassell can't match. IF the coaches can look past the fact that he makes Mike Brown look like MR. Durability (which is a big if), I think Brodie VS. Thigpen is a joke of a competition when your looking at SKILL. It was only a year ago when we all put our entire franchise hopes on that kid. Anyway, just a thought. It will be interesting how this all pans out when Brodie is launching spirals at these guys during QB drills.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    One thing that has not been mentioned by anybody is the backup QB competition. Todd Haley has said that he doesn't care about any type of situation (high conract, veteran, undrafted, etc.) when it comes to picking his depth chart. The best will play. With that said. There is no way Thigpen out plays Croyle in training camp if Brodie is 100%. Im not saying that I want Brodie in front of Thigpen, because I like Thigpen alot. But he is just not a seasoned QB like Croyle. You all know what the players and coaches thought of Brodie in last years training camp / pre-season. Bottom line: the guy has a cannon that even Matt Cassell can't match. IF the coaches can look past the fact that he makes Mike Brown look like MR. Durability (which is a big if), I think Brodie VS. Thigpen is a joke of a competition when your looking at SKILL. It was only a year ago when we all put our entire franchise hopes on that kid. Anyway, just a thought. It will be interesting how this all pans out when Brodie is launching spirals at these guys during QB drills.
    I have to agree with that. All of it.

In addition to BDK's post...Don't think for one second that Haley has not laid down the law to Croyle. I am sure he has worked on his conditioning, etc etc this iff season. Plus, he new marriage has worn off, so he doesn't care as much about tappng the wife as he did when they first got hitched. LMAO!

well im glad the contract is front heavy. if he doesnt pan out after acouple of years he will be easier 2 move.

Outside of a few people on this board, no one likes Thigpen.

2-14, enough said. change was needed.

matt's the man, now go win me a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    But he is just not a seasoned QB like Croyle.
    Can't agree with you here. Thigpen has won more games in one season than Croyle has in his entire career (zero).
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast