Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassel signs multi-year contract

Default Cassel signs multi-year contract

According to the KC Star, Cassel has signed a multi-year contract.

Chiefs sign Matt Cassel to multi-year contract | Red Zone

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I like your sig.
    Who's sig? Big Daddy Tek's sig? If that's the one you like I'll have to agree with you there! It's..... funny!

The comparison in QB play between Croyle and Thigpen in college is enough to prove who is the legit pro-style QB.

If any of you guys EVER watched SEC football, Croyle took a ton of hits and showed a lot of toughness. Do I think he could work on his frame to be more durable? Yes. Do I think he has had some shatty luck in regards to injuries? Yes.

Let's put it this way...So far he is still on the roster and he makes virtual peanuts for salary. If the big boys upstairs thought he was a total waste, they would have sent him packing by now.

The bottom line is that we have 2 pretty decent back-ups going into an offensive scheme that permits good qb production.

Don't worry, be happy!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    The comparison in QB play between Croyle and Thigpen in college is enough to prove who is the legit pro-style QB.

If any of you guys EVER watched SEC football, Croyle took a ton of hits and showed a lot of toughness. Do I think he could work on his frame to be more durable? Yes. Do I think he has had some shatty luck in regards to injuries? Yes.

Let's put it this way...So far he is still on the roster and he makes virtual peanuts for salary. If the big boys upstairs thought he was a total waste, they would have sent him packing by now.

The bottom line is that we have 2 pretty decent back-ups going into an offensive scheme that permits good qb production.

Don't worry, be happy!

LOL
    Exactly! Be happy. Matt Cassell = Great QB. Tyler Thigpen = Pretty much just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Slow your roll big guy. I dont want this to turn into a I love Brodie and hate Thigpen thing. I like Thigpen alot more than Brodie. I even mentioned that Brodie makes Mike Brown look like Mr. Durability. Im not saying anything bad about Thigpen. Im just telling you the facts. In a fair QB competition in training camp / pre-season, Thigpen could not beat out Brodie. He wouldnt stand a chance.

Don't give me the no wins crap either. I was wrong in my last post. I said Thigpen won 2 games. He actually only won one! Huard won the other one against the Broncos. Thigpen wins= 1 Croyle wins= 0. Throw that stat out the window! You might hate Brodie's wimpy a$$ as much as we all do, but stop letting Thigpens days in the spread cloud your vision!

All I was saying is that IF the backup spot is open to competition as much as any other position that Haley proclaimed is....then Thigpen would have a tough time beating out Brodie. The guy has a cannon and is somewhat accurate. WITH THAT SAID, I dont think that the backup postion is open to anybody other than Tyler.

What do you know about QB's anyway, this is what you had to say about Trent Green: "Ya know, I like Trent and I think he did a better than average job while he managed our Offense." This is what you said about his retirement: "Trent is a great guy and all but, no Championships no big deal." you continued by saying "Yea, he was a decent QB but he couldn't do enough to help us win a SB." Even though he led us down the field to score on EVERY SINGLE POSESSION in the Colts playoff game. Every single one! He should have done more though. huh Chris? Marino should have done more too, cause he's just another loser like Trent!

Sorry for pullin out thread quotes from last month, but I've completly discarded anything that you've had to say ever since you made those ridiculously ignorant remarks. But you know what Chris, it's just my opinion! hahahahaha
    Now, now, now. Don't be "inmature."

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Exactly! Be happy. Matt Cassell = Great QB. Tyler Thigpen = Pretty much just as good.
    Umm...I wouldn't go that far otherwise they would not have went after Cassel.

However, I think they can be good back-ups that may have another opportunity to showcase their talent and newfound schooling.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Now, now, now. Don't be "inmature."
    There has to be a pamphlet or fold-out on that. lol

Its simple.

Rivers/Manning about to get new contracts which would raise what we have to pay him, and if we had gone franchise tag this year and next, the guarenteed money would be nearly identical between 2 and 6 years...

I love the contract, If ANYONE in Chiefs history has come in and done a better job of leading than cassel, then I missed it...Trent was great, but he didnt have the "it" factor that cassel has, that moxy, confidence, and overall leadership qualities that makes you a star.

Factor in the chances of him getting in trouble(then factor in our other option at the time Sanchez, who has a nickname of "Dirty") and Id say we came out on top.

Can Cassel flop? Sure. But for now, he looks like a guy that will make KC fun to watch for 5-6 years.

I do want to mention that I had to add that in no way am I trying to take anything away from trent green as a player or a leader.

and face it. Thigpen looks to pass, then runs, Cassel looks to pass, runs, looks to pass, then finally crosses the LoS
    Thigpen was 54 percent completion percentage last year with Tony Gonzalez, and with all the times he took off with it,
    and all the times he dumped it to TG, who had a crazy reception percentage.

Without Gonzo, thiggy slips under 50 percent completions...and lets face it, I liked the guy, i did, but I couldnt sit there and say he was the future, I think hes a great backup QB, thats all. When he scored a TD in Atlanta down 20, and gets hits semi late, not really, and starts crying about it, I saw a guy that was not a leader.

Matt Cassel would never do that
    Last edited by SDChief09; 07-15-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: trent

Guess this also means I can now actually buy his jersey with a little more confidence.

there was a comment in there that we scored on every possession in the colts game, this is not true.

we never punted.

Holmes fumbled being caught from behind...

Not Trent's fault of course, but to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    1.The first bold highlighted statement is just your opinion and nothing more because fact is, in a real competition Brodies cannon arm will need to learn how to complete passes from his back since every time the pressure gets a little higher than normal he falls down because he is scared of being hit.

2. As for the rest of your post, sad but, the truth is if Trent Green was as good as Dick Vermeil said he was, I believe he rated him as good as Joe Montana which was complete horse sh!t, then we would have more than 1 Lombardi Trophy in the show case but as it stands, Trent helped us get nothing IMO. Was fun to watch but when it really counted in the playoffs we got nothing. As for Marino, atleast he made it to 1 Superbowl but got his arm stuffed which was how the Dolphins got there. Who beat him? Mr Montana and the 49ers. Would seem yet another QB that couldn't measure up to Joe's standard when it really counts.

I am looking forward to the upcoming season so we can all start to talk about the issues at hand instead of constantly dealing with issues of personal feelings . IMOThe reason that alot of the threads turn into arguements about personal opinions is because people tend to believe that their statements actually mean something and when others don't hold the same opinion, it tends to make the person feel that their credibility is tarnished because their word has been questioned. You can bash my opinion all you wish to but instead of pulling out old thread quotes to attempt and make me feel as though I am under a microscope, look at your own and keep in mind that the other 3-4 billion people inhabiting this planet also have the same right you do to base their opinion and it in no way needs to be exactly what you think.

IMO
    Your opinion is wrong
    ;)

Sorry, but I have to interject here... Last time I checked, football is a TEAM SPORT. With a defense capable of stopping even a high school team, there's no doubt in my mind that Trent would have had at least one ring. He did as much as anyone could ask out of a quarterback. 3 back to back 4000 yard seasons isn't enough to prove to you that he was an elite QB?

Obviously, he wasn't Joe Montana. But, for God's sake, how can anyone put the blame on him for not winning a Superbowl, when there were SO many holes on defense while he was here. It's hard for me to believe that anyone who watched the '03-'04 season could have anything bad to say about Trent (or virtually anyone else on that offense for that matter).

Bottom line, Trent was a stud while he was here, and a top 3 QB in Chiefs history, IMO.

Oh, and it's more like 6 billion. Just for the record.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast