Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Herm

Default Herm

Although many here may disagree, I really miss Herm Edwards. I really thought that Herm was thee best HC this organization has seen since its inception. Herm really was a players coach and he definetly kept the players united as a team. But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game. I really can't think of a HC/GM combo that exceeded the many contributions to KC more than what Herm and Carl brought. Oh well, time to rebuild again.
    Your thoughts please...
    SHUT IT

Wow, I hope that was 100% complete sarcasm.

"But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game." LMFFAOX2

P.S. I would rather eat cat poop with a knitting needle than watch another season with Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen in charge of The Chiefs.
    Last edited by Vanilla Garilla; 07-18-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: P.S Note

You have obviosly already forgotten the decisive victories over the donks and faders - 2 inter-divisional coaching masterpieces. Is that sarcastic enough for you? We would have EASILY cleaned up the division this season hadn't Hunt had the short-sightedness to let Herm go before the rebuilding process was complete. Now we'll never know.
    Hey, I just thought it was time for me to finally come clean on my beloved Herm Edwards. Someday you people will come to understand what a great head coach Herm was for this organization.
    SHUT IT

Yeeh, f*** Hank Stram and Jack Steadman. What did they ever do for the team? Would they have had the guts to trade Jared Allen, to run LJ into the ground in 2006, to place all their hopes with Brodie Croyle, to run the Cover 2 without Cover 2 personnel, and to ditch almost every useful vet and replace them with late round draft picks? Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeeh, f*** Hank Stram and Jack Steadman. What did they ever do for the team? Would they have had the guts to trade Jared Allen, to run LJ into the ground in 2006, to place all their hopes with Brodie Croyle, to run the Cover 2 without Cover 2 personnel, and to ditch almost every useful vet and replace them with late round draft picks? Hell no!
    Although I agree with most of your posts JM, you are wrong on this one. If Herm had been coaching back in the day, we would had easily CRUSHED Green bay for TWO superbowl victories. Lets get real. There is no way Stram could manage these modern-day players in the 2000's. Herm was thee top personnel manager of this and any other decade - bar NONE.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Wow, I hope that was 100% complete sarcasm.

"But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game." LMFFAOX2

P.S. I would rather eat cat poop with a knitting needle than watch another season with Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen in charge of The Chiefs.
    Well VG its time to belly up to the litter box because Clark let go the best HC/GM we've ever had.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    They were the men in charge when the Chiefs won the only Superbowl in the teams history, thats all. With a comment like this I am surprised your not being told to get lost but , I won't because I know how much that Hank Stram did mean to the organization. Maybe you should do some history on the team before you go bashing the men who made it happen in KC.
    That whooshing sound is yet another thing going completely over your (presumably pumpkin-shaped) head.

Herm has been getting trashed on these boards for the past 2 years and I'm really getting tired of it.
    Lets pull our heads out of the sand and look at the man as who he really was. We should seriously do what we can as Chiefs fans and use this forum to hopefully get Herm back where he belongs - back in KC!!
    WAKE UP.
    SHUT IT

What is there to miss? If you have no comment other than a insult or sarcasm then why answer? YOu asked what they did, I told you and if you ask me what they did was one of the KC Chiefs most important things in the history of the team. Without that one victory in Superbowl IV, the Chiefs have no SB wins and no Lombardi trophies. I don't think it is me that is missing anything , rather it would be you.
    It's called "sarcasm." I know, I know. It's a big word. But it's what we're doing in this thread. To explain: Bike doesn't really think Herm/CP were the best tandem in Chiefs history. He was making fun of them. I know what Steadman/Stram did, and I was making fun of Herm/CP by comparing them to Stram/Steadman.

I was taught to respect one's elders, but d*mn. There are 12-year-olds who post smarter things than you on this site.

Never gonna happen . Worst losing season in the Chiefs history , why would they bring him back? So they can lose every game in a season? He could prolly do that LMAO!!!!!!!
    I gotta disagree with you there Chris. I firmly believe that the rebuilding process Herm began 2 years ago was about to turn the corner - and that this year and 2010 we would had been the REAL beginning to the dynasty we have all been looking for in KC...
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast