Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Vick be allowed to play in the NFL again?

Default Should Vick be allowed to play in the NFL again?

I think he should be. Stallworth killed a man. Ricky Williams has had multiple bans and is still here. Pacman has had several.

I think it is only fair that he atleast gets one more chance.

I also think we should get him as a part of the TG trade. Get us something that could help us now, not in the next few years.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

He was a huge draw for the fans as a QB.

Plus they thought that eventually he would develop a pocket presence.

Just never happened, and probably won't now either.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

We support humans beating the crap out of each other - whats the big deal with dogs?
    I say let him play. I never did think he was any good as a qb anyway. Maybe jokeland will pick him up. Who cares?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Stallworth and Vick fall under your test. But Ricky Williams is another story. He didn't break any law. He failed a drug test for marijuana (failing a drug test isn't against the law - possession is). Your boss probably wouldn't fire you for such, and Williams got too much flack for the whole thing.
    I MAY not get fired the first time but for a repeated offense, such as Williams, YES. No doubt about it.

By saying that Williams did not break a law, that is merely a "play on words". He smoked the weed which is illegal and it is against the NFL's drug policy along with virtually every other company in this country!

He failed MULTIPLE drug tests and in my opinion after the 3rd or 4th time he should have been gone for GOOD!

So, what are you saying Lamerson?? That as long as none of these guys, or anyone else for that matter, get caught with the drugs in possession, they have not "technically" broken a law?

LMAO....You must be a Defense attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I MAY not get fired the first time but for a repeated offense, such as Williams, YES. No doubt about it.

By saying that Williams did not break a law, that is merely a "play on words". He smoked the weed which is illegal and it is against the NFL's drug policy along with virtually every other company in this country!

He failed MULTIPLE drug tests and in my opinion after the 3rd or 4th time he should have been gone for GOOD!

So, what are you saying Lamerson?? That as long as none of these guys, or anyone else for that matter, get caught with the drugs in possession, they have not "technically" broken a law?

LMAO....You must be a Defense attorney.
    You keep forgetting, Williams was never arrested for anything. So unless an employer is constantly drug testing his employees (very unlikely), people don't get fired for smoking pot.

If the police don't catch someone with drugs in their possession, they can't prosecute them for anything (assuming no DUI, public intoxication, etc.). For example, Ricky Williams could go somewhere dope is legal, smoke all he wants, and come back to the US high as a kite. And he wouldn't have broken any law.

I just can't see why people care whether Ricky Williams smoked pot. I would too if I had to work for Dave Wannstedt.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You keep forgetting, Williams was never arrested for anything. So unless an employer is constantly drug testing his employees (very unlikely), people don't get fired for smoking pot.

If the police don't catch someone with drugs in their possession, they can't prosecute them for anything (assuming no DUI, public intoxication, etc.). For example, Ricky Williams could go somewhere dope is legal, smoke all he wants, and come back to the US high as a kite. And he wouldn't have broken any law.

I just can't see why people care whether Ricky Williams smoked pot. I would too if I had to work for Dave Wannstedt.
    I kinda see your point as well but according to the NFL rules on drugs, they are not supposed to partake of illegal substances. So, even if he was in another country, he is violating the policy of his employer and has done so 4 times.

LOL on working for Wannstedt!

In my personal opinion, I could care less if people smoke weed BUT, it does have an effect on you physically due to inhalation of the smoke alone. The weed may not "enhance" production but I do believe it "hampers" production and in the case of an athlete, that is more or less, cheating your employer.

I really see no problem with Vick playing again. He committed a crime, did his time in prison (quite well I hear), so let him play.

If Stallworth is going to play, then by all means Vick should be able to. IMO what Stallworth did is way worse than Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    In my personal opinion, I could care less if people smoke weed BUT, it does have an effect on you physically due to inhalation of the smoke alone. The weed may not "enhance" production but I do believe it "hampers" production and in the case of an athlete, that is more or less, cheating your employer.

Have you smoked pot to believe that it "hampers" production?

Women who behave,rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    He would make a good RB. For whatever reason they wanted him to play QB.
    Yeah I was going to say also how it seemed like many games he would actually throw for less yards than he ran (like about 100 of each). Donovan McNabb likewise always seemed like more of a RB than a QB.

I'm all for bringing Vick back!! There are worse players in the league as far as I look at it!

I hope a Rotty bites him - I wont say where

Plus he sucks as a QB.... He is not a pocket QB star - he is not who teams are looking for!~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast