Thread: Yahoo News : Cardinals out to prove they're no one-year wonder (AP)

Default Yahoo News : Cardinals out to prove they're no one-year wonder (AP)

They swirled out of the desert like some unexpected dust storm, dispatching the likes of Atlanta, Carolina and Philadelphia in one of the most improbable runs to the Super Bowl in NFL history. Now the Arizona Cardinals, who came within 35 seconds of a league championship, are faced with proving they were no one-year wonder.

More...

They just need some good play callers
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I expect the Cards will be good again this year, esp. if they retain Boldin. Plus they probably will still have a weak division for competition.

I also look for Atlanta to be good again in the NFC, esp. with the addition of TG.

However I'm not so sure about the 2 number one seeds last year in the NFC (Carolina and the Giants). I can see them being more like 8-8 or 9-7 this year.

Yeah, the Cards have some pretty big hurdles to overcome to make another SB. The good news is that they have a decently easy schedule and are in a very weak division. The Rams have blown it up, Seattle is old and crumbling, and the 49ers won't win anything until they get a real QB and defense.

The bad news is that their OL and running game is suspect and their defense didn't get any better. I see them winning the NFC West, but I don't see them beating a good team with a good running game on the road in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I expect the Cards will be good again this year, esp. if they retain Boldin. Plus they probably will still have a weak division for competition.

I also look for Atlanta to be good again in the NFC, esp. with the addition of TG.

However I'm not so sure about the 2 number one seeds last year in the NFC (Carolina and the Giants). I can see them being more like 8-8 or 9-7 this year.
    The Giants will be good if they can find a WR to replace Plaxico and catch Eli's off-target passes. Carolina is about to fall the hell apart. The NFC South will be a dogfight between Atlanta and the Saints at the top and the Bucs and Panthers at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, the Cards have some pretty big hurdles to overcome to make another SB. The good news is that they have a decently easy schedule and are in a very weak division. The Rams have blown it up, Seattle is old and crumbling, and the 49ers won't win anything until they get a real QB and defense.

The bad news is that their OL and running game is suspect and their defense didn't get any better. I see them winning the NFC West, but I don't see them beating a good team with a good running game on the road in the playoffs
    My thoughts exactly.

They were 9-7 last year. and 6-0 in their division.

Somehow someway tho they proved they belonged on the field with the Falcs, Panther, Eagles and Steeler in the playoffs.

They shouldnt have too hard a time in this division in 09. Tho it looked like when Singletary took over the 49ers were turning it up a bit.

They just need that playoff miracle that happend to them last year and we'll see.