Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

Default Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Most dangerous 2008 non-playoff teams for 2009 «

Old news?

Thought it was an interesting article, albeit brief and completely lacking in terms of evidence. I find it quite interesting that Mr. Dukes believes that the Chiefs have some how imploded this offseason cutting them dry like a stray dog and lumping their offseason moves together in the same sentence in what happened in Denver and anointing the Raiders as a potential darkhorse.

I don't follow NFL network too closely so I don't know how much of a Chief basher or bandwagon media head Jamie Dukes is but the drivel is getting kind of old.

But I digress; everyone's entitled to their opinion regardless of how inane it makes them appear.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i think our offense has a chance to be pretty decent...our offense goes where matt cassell takes them basically....

but man, our defense has question marks all over now that we switched to a 3-4...people will run on us all day long if they are smart...
    Yeah, I don't think the run defense is that much of a problem, it might still be a problem, but not as bad as last year.

I think we have made some good moves, but our weakness is still going to be against the pass. Yes, we have some good defensive backs coming back this season, but unless we get some QB pressure, we are going to have a long season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I wouldn't be too worried about our defense. I can tell they are going to be better than last year. We are going to be more conditioned than last year already, and we have a couple of vets than can help young players on our team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Like most of the people at NFL network, Jamie Dukes is spread too thin. Him and his colleagues have no clue whats actually going on in most camps because that is just too much to cover. We read every Chiefs article, interview, rumor, OTA news, etc. We have watched every play of every game for years and know our strengths, weaknesses and potential. So when you read one of these guys opinions on the Chiefs, they sound like some guy running his mouth about a team / subject that he just looked into the day before, which he did.

As far as your post JM, I cant say that your wrong about our pass rush or our coverage skills, because I just dont have the play to back me up (which kinda makes you right). BUT, I think that our pass rush will be much better just on scheme alone. Clancy is a psycho playcaller who is gonna have us get to the QB, while getting burned sometimes too. As far as coverage goes, I dont think that any of us have seen enough man to man last year to judge whether or not we can cover. I will throw one thing at you that Im positive about. My guy Leggett can cover man to man as good as anybody on our roster and if it comes down to one of the DB's not being able to handle one on one, he will be out there getting the job done.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You didnt mention Tank Tyler. I know you are not a huge fan, but dude is strong and might be in the the best position for success that he has had, since becoming a Chief. He is the exact same size as Ratliff in Dallas and I think he's gonna start, come opening day, at NT. He's definitly strong enough.
    What in the world is up with your fetish with Leggett? He returns a fumble for a TD and picks off a horrible pass for a TD and now he's the greatest CB to ever put on a Chiefs uniform? From my understanding, he was the nickel back for us, and during the plays that he actually did come in, he was just as vulnerable in coverage as any other part of our defense. He just made two good plays, that's it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I think the two keys to this years defense are:

1)Hali's conversion to OLB.
    Could be outstanding at this position.

2)Dorsey plays like a franchise player.

This is how i see our starting defense.

DL- T Jackson- T Tyler- G Dorsey

LB- Vrabel-Thomas-DJ-Hali

CB- Carr and Flowers

S- Pollard and Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What in the world is up with your fetish with Leggett? He returns a fumble for a TD and picks off a horrible pass for a TD and now he's the greatest CB to ever put on a Chiefs uniform? From my understanding, he was the nickel back for us, and during the plays that he actually did come in, he was just as vulnerable in coverage as any other part of our defense. He just made two good plays, that's it.
    Its not a fetish 7's! All joking aside, I just haven't seen pure athleticism out of our DB's in years. Flowers and Carr are good fundementally but Legget is a burner. I just want a game changer and think Leggett can be that.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Its not a fetish 7's! All joking aside, I just haven't seen pure athleticism out of our DB's in years. Flowers and Carr are good fundementally but Legget is a burner. I just want a game changer and think Leggett can be that.
    I like Leggett, Carr, and Flowers. I'm just worried about them in the more physical 3-4, one-on-one coverage. I'm not saying it won't work, but Flowers and Carr were drafted to be zone CBs (they aren't very fast or physical), and Leggett is still very unproven. Plus Pollard is a liability in coverage, Mike Brown is injury-prone, and Page couldn't tackle my grandmother. That's worst-case, I know. I'm not saying we need to find replacements or that we're doomed. Just that I'm worried about them in 2009.

And I don't think Tank starts this year unless Edwards gets hurt. Tank can bench press a ton, he's the right size, but he was driven backward by a single guard almost every game in 2008. It's a matter of technique and motor, not measurables.

Edwards isn't great (or really even good). But he'll at least hold his ground. If our NT is getting pushed backward by double-teams, it will be an awfully, awfully long year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    I think the two keys to this years defense are:

1)Hali's conversion to OLB.
    Could be outstanding at this position.

2)Dorsey plays like a franchise player.
    I think that's a fair assessment

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The Raiders, like the Redskins, have all the talent in the world. However, both teams have a bad owner and no constant leadership either in the locker room or in the front office. As such, they're perrenial also-rans (at best).

Also, the Raiders aren't winning anything with Jamarcus Russell at QB.
    I heard someone on NFL radio the other day mention that even the Lions have more wins than the Raiders in the last 5 years. Pretty sad considering the Lions haven't won a game in the last 20 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I heard someone on NFL radio the other day mention that even the Lions have more wins than the Raiders in the last 5 years. Pretty sad considering the Lions haven't won a game in the last 20 months.
    The Chiefs were the Lions last win. :(
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast