Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

Default Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Most dangerous 2008 non-playoff teams for 2009 «

Old news?

Thought it was an interesting article, albeit brief and completely lacking in terms of evidence. I find it quite interesting that Mr. Dukes believes that the Chiefs have some how imploded this offseason cutting them dry like a stray dog and lumping their offseason moves together in the same sentence in what happened in Denver and anointing the Raiders as a potential darkhorse.

I don't follow NFL network too closely so I don't know how much of a Chief basher or bandwagon media head Jamie Dukes is but the drivel is getting kind of old.

But I digress; everyone's entitled to their opinion regardless of how inane it makes them appear.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    This is how i see our starting defense.

DL- T Jackson- T Tyler- G Dorsey

LB- Vrabel-Thomas-DJ-Hali

CB- Carr and Flowers

S- Pollard and Morgan
    I think you meant Page and Pollard.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The Raiders lack a QB. I truly think they got a huge bust in Russell. They also lack an offensive line. Their defense is okay, but not great.

Also, I am not sure how stable the coaching is. Just when you think the team is starting to progress, Al Davis fires the coach, and cuts a premier player.

He drafted questionably the 4th best receiver in the draft with his first pick, over Crabtree and then cut their 6th round pick before they signed him???

Even if he team has more talent thant he Chiefs or Donkies. That team is highly unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think you meant Page and Pollard.
    I think you meant Mike Brown and Pollard.

Some really interesting points made in this thread.

Carr and Flowers can definately play man to man. Brandon Flowers does'nt have the great size, however he's as physical as they come. Leggett. Looks athletic as hell thats for sure.Sleeper here is the boom or bust corner from Ohio State-Donald Washington. He'll be a great not just good great corner if he takes the pro game seriously. He's soft as a tackler but has all the tangibles of a SHUTDOWN corner.

I really like DuJuan Morgan. He's a starter. If he has any range at all he'll out play someone. (Maybe it's Bonecrusher at his true position of SS.) I personally do not like Page.Mike Brown can not stay on the field and he's past it.

I hate to say it but the raiders do have great players....BUT they will NEVER be a good team until A certain MR. Davis stops micromanaging the team!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Raiders lack a QB. I truly think they got a huge bust in Russell. They also lack an offensive line. Their defense is okay, but not great.

Also, I am not sure how stable the coaching is. Just when you think the team is starting to progress, Al Davis fires the coach, and cuts a premier player.

He drafted questionably the 4th best receiver in the draft with his first pick, over Crabtree and then cut their 6th round pick before they signed him???

Even if he team has more talent thant he Chiefs or Donkies. That team is highly unstable.
    they did pick up their next starter-Garcia. Guy has some game left.

This division as a whole is up for grabs. You guys could make some noise.. if Cassell steps up with a healthy/motivated Larry Johnson. Your D has to step up BIG TIME tho. You have potential. I think Oakland and KC are going to be set up long term. SD is overatted.. Denver's ****ed.. lol.

But Oakland is going to be tough. Tom Cable is a tough, smart coach. We actually do have a line. Mario Henderson is going to be a good LT for us. Samson Satele in, Khalif Barnes on the Right. Gallery and Carlisle Excellent Guards.

JaMarcus is going to surprise. You can say what you want.. but when he got settled down and we got Henderson and good Receivers in the lineup (Schilens/Higgins) he Shined. 92 QB rating the last 7 games of the season.

Oaklands game play is going to be to pound the Rock. Someone mentioned that we wont run the ball because of Al Davis... That couldnt be further from the truth. Darren McFadden/Michael Bush/Justin Fargas are going to get a LOT of work. With Lorenzo Neal/Oren O'neal paving the way.

Overall i think Oakland is going to surprise a lot of people. It isnt the same team, you'll see that. But i dont think You guys will be the same team, you'll be better. No matter what neither team should be underated.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    they did pick up their next starter-Garcia. Guy has some game left.
    Garcia has some skills left, but they're not suited for the vertical passing game the Raiders have been building. Walker and Bey were signed to stretch the field, not go over the middle. Garcia's arm just isn't good enough. I think he's there more as a mentor to JaMarcus than a legimate threat to take his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Garcia has some skills left, but they're not suited for the vertical passing game the Raiders have been building. Walker and Bey were signed to stretch the field, not go over the middle. Garcia's arm just isn't good enough. I think he's there more as a mentor to JaMarcus than a legimate threat to take his spot.
    Every Receiver on the Raiders Roster is a down field threat.. except Javon Walker. He's going to be more of an inermediate/Possesion receiver for us. Tho he can go long, not nearly as well as Schilens/Bey/Higgins/Murphy. Zach Miller at TE is going to see A LOT of action.

I think with Bowe, Mark Bradley is pretty good for you guys. Gonzo is gonna be missed big time though. With both teams the Offensive Line Pass Protection is going to be Huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    You guys have a Miller who is a beast Bey is TBD but the rest your wideouts dont scare me.... Run game is really strong with Dmac and fargas....but the QB is a bum he is just not very good and never will be Jruss is a BUST
    Chaz Schilens is a good Receiver. Young, 6'4 230 4.3 very good hands. Became an excellent target for Russell at the end of the season, hopefully more to come. Johnie Lee Higgins.. Excellent slot man, electrifying punt returner as well. But dude, i respect your opinion... But JaMarcus Russell is FARRR from a bust. 13 TD's 9 picks his first year with 3 dif playcallers, worst OT's WR's in the league most of the year. (harris/green lelie/curry). He's gonna be fine, but i understand your opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast