Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100% GUARANTEE that the chiefs WILL be making more moves before the season starts!

Default 100% GUARANTEE that the chiefs WILL be making more moves before the season starts!

The Chiefs are currently 30.16 million dollars under the salary cap. The salary cap for 2009 is 127 million, which means the chiefs have spent 96,840,000. According to NFL rules a team MUST spend ATLEAST 86.4% of the current salary cap, which would be 109,728,000. Meaning that the Chiefs still HAVE TO spend atleast 12,888,000 to qualify for the 2009 season. Pioli has about a month to spend 13 million dollars!

The question is not, IF we will get somebody else, It's WHO else we will get!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The Chiefs are currently 30.16 million dollars under the salary cap. The salary cap for 2009 is 127 million, which means the chiefs have spent 96,840,000. According to NFL rules a team MUST spend ATLEAST 86.4% of the current salary cap, which would be 109,728,000. Meaning that the Chiefs still HAVE TO spend atleast 12,888,000 to qualify for the 2009 season. Pioli has about a month to spend 13 million dollars!

The question is not, IF we will get somebody else, It's WHO else we will get!
    I wonder Who It'll be!!

"Pioli has a month to spend 13 Million doller!"

Boldin can be a good choice but when will that happen? I mean the last time we heard something was the ousting of Connor Barth. Still seems that Haley and company is more focussed on OUT's than IN's.
    Kansas City Chiefs Tickets
    Kansas City Chiefs tickets available @ Ticket Luck

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Also, we have a few that are still unsigned and one is our first round pick.
    I was really hoping Pioli wouldn't let contract negotiations last as long as Carl did. I guess he still has until camp starts before it ticks me off though.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I really hope we get both Jackson and Magee signed before camp, we will need them this season, and they need all the camp time they can get!
    Another WR would be awesome, but other than Boldin i can't think of anyone i'd like to have. Not Burress! I don't like his attitude.
    A rush linebacker and more depth at the O-line is also really high on my wish list, I don't want Cassel to get killed his first season with us.

Travis Laboy as a rushing LB might not be the worst idea ever.. We have alot of question marks with the ones we are trying to convert at the moment. My biggest problem with them is that they might not be fast enough.
    A big name splash would be awesome though! :)
    Last edited by brish; 07-29-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    No he deserves to go to jail for unlawfully carrying a gun and because he shot himself. I dont care if he is a pro athlete or joe shmoe. His dumb choices put other people in danger as obvious it is because he has no gun smarts. Matt jones marvin harrison are some other names you could toss out. Id like to see levi jones at Rt
    I would not mind seeing Levi Jones signed either. That would help us in a thin area on offense.

In addition to the bold text above, Burress has also been a locker room threat as well.

The Steelers cut him for reasons and the Giants babied him for as long as they could until they got tired of his whiny crap, then they started fining and suspending him.

He plays when he wants to play and has the mentality of being a primadonna.

Marvin Harrison has never had an issue until this last ordeal and if I am not mistaken, the same applies to Matt Jones. Harrison does not have a conviction.

Burress, on the other hand, has had multiple run-ins with the law which include repeated traffic violations (reckless driving), domestic disputes, the "gun" incident and in addition to that, he is a tight arse when it comes to paying for his purchases. IE, the the repairs on a Suburban that he mucked up.

I think he is a punk thug that believes he is above the law either in public or in the NFL.

Forget burress. He poses more of a threat to our Chiefs than an asset.

we should sign Derrick Brooks to play outside instead of Tamba...

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I was really hoping Pioli wouldn't let contract negotiations last as long as Carl did. I guess he still has until camp starts before it ticks me off though.
    When you're dealing with a 3rd overall pick and an agent who is using quarterback salary as a basis for negotation, it's going to take a while. I'd rather Pioli take his time and get the price right instead of agreeing to something (even more) ridiculous. If Pioli doesn't get the price right, it's bad for us and the rest of the league when signing future picks.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    we should sign Derrick Brooks to play outside instead of Tamba...
    Derrick Brooks is waaayyyyyy to small to play OLB in the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Brooks cant be any worse than MCbride or Tamba at olb.
    1. No one can possibly know how good or bad McBride or Hali will be at OLB.

2. Monty Beisel or DJ would be a better OLB than Brooks if Hali/McBride turn out to be worthless.

3. Brooks is too small and old to play OLB in the 4-3.

4. If we put Brooks in, teams will just run at our rookie DE (it doesn't matter which one) and our undersized OLB all day.

5. We're not getting a pass rush from Derrick Brooks at the OLB spot.

6. There are real 3-4 OLBs still available in FA.

Look, I could understand wanting him as a reserve ILB, but it's a pipe dream to project Derrick Brooks as a starter at OLB in a 3-4 in 2009.

If we sign anyone it will be an OL or WR, more than likely a solid #2 WR.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast