Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100% GUARANTEE that the chiefs WILL be making more moves before the season starts!

Hybrid View

Default 100% GUARANTEE that the chiefs WILL be making more moves before the season starts!

The Chiefs are currently 30.16 million dollars under the salary cap. The salary cap for 2009 is 127 million, which means the chiefs have spent 96,840,000. According to NFL rules a team MUST spend ATLEAST 86.4% of the current salary cap, which would be 109,728,000. Meaning that the Chiefs still HAVE TO spend atleast 12,888,000 to qualify for the 2009 season. Pioli has about a month to spend 13 million dollars!

The question is not, IF we will get somebody else, It's WHO else we will get!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Good question.

Maybe we also take care of a few extensions, etc?

Also, we have a few that are still unsigned and one is our first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Good point Bolan. Even after rookie signings, we are still gonna have to pick up 2-3 players to make up the difference though.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Good point Bolan. Even after rookie signings, we are still gonna have to pick up 2-3 players to make up the difference though.
    Good thread.

It's a good point about the rookies, but the Chiefs rookie pool is $5,538,247 for 2009 (that's salary cap figure, not including the whole signing bonus). Even assuming we spend every cent of that, it will still leave us over $7M to spend.

Tell the truth, it's hard to see who we could extend except DJ, and I doubt we'll break the bank for him. We're a year early for Bowe and Pollard, and a few years early for Albert, Flowers, and Carr. It wouldn't be terrible to lock up Thigpen and Bradley, but both have issues (Thigpen might want to be a starter somewhere in 2010, Bradley has injury concerns). We had the chance to extend Page and Niswanger and instead signed them to the tender (which was the smart move).

As for FA signings, shoot. I dunno. Burress would be an awfully tempting idea. The fact that he accidentally shot himself means he's an idiot, but it doesn't mean he'd be a bad teammate. Levi Jones, Jonas Jennings, and Mark Tauscher would be decent pickups at RT. Pete Kendall or Jason Whittle would be a terrific backup OG. Travis LaBoy makes sense at OLB, given Haley's connections. Roosevelt Colvin could work at OLB too. RW McQuarters would be a good special teams, nickel-CB, player. Bubba Franks at TE, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I was really hoping Pioli wouldn't let contract negotiations last as long as Carl did. I guess he still has until camp starts before it ticks me off though.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I was really hoping Pioli wouldn't let contract negotiations last as long as Carl did. I guess he still has until camp starts before it ticks me off though.
    When you're dealing with a 3rd overall pick and an agent who is using quarterback salary as a basis for negotation, it's going to take a while. I'd rather Pioli take his time and get the price right instead of agreeing to something (even more) ridiculous. If Pioli doesn't get the price right, it's bad for us and the rest of the league when signing future picks.

Thanks Aussie!

Wonder how long that will last?

Another Olineman. It would pretty badass if we got Boldin, I don't think it will happen.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast