Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Michael Vick is Reinstated! Could play as soon as week one!

Default Michael Vick is Reinstated! Could play as soon as week one!

The NFL has just announced that Michael Vick is reinstated and could play as soon as week 1. His current reinstatement is conditional but by week 6 he will be under full reinstatement. THE SHOW IS BACK! As a football fan, I love it!
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 07-28-2009 at 04:06 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Who is this Churchy you speak of??? :p

A lot of stats there, a lot more reading then I'm used too.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I am not sure if you guys ever watched Steve Young play ball very much but in my opinion, he was the precursor to a Mike Vick and the likes. The better thing about Young vs the Vick's of today is that his passing abilities make others look Pop Warner-ISH.

Many times I would soak in the Mike Vick stories prior to camp each year and think that if he could (or would) develop his passing skills to the level of Steve Young (or at least close), he would in fact be the most dominant player in NFL history.

Seeing a great talent with endless potential yet not having the gumption to improve to the next elite, Micheal Jordonesque level is what really causes me to shake my head.
    Okay I was going to lurk in this thread until I saw Vick being compared to Young. The difference isn't in passing skills...it is in MENTAL SKILLS and TOUGHNESS.

Vick has a cannon, and a fairly accurate arm, but he made piss poor decisions in the passing game. Some of that is due to the lack of choices he had in the passing game (Crumpler, a young Jenkins, and garbage)...however Young even when Rice was out did well with the likes of JJ Stokes. Yeah I went there.

Anyhow the point being, Young deserves better than to be attributed as just better than Vick in one area. He beats Vick to pieces in

1) intelligence
    2) character
    3) toughness (see some of his long runs, he drops the shoulder)
    4) leadership abilities
    5) probably more that I'll edit in tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Vick is a phenomenal athlete who is the best scrambling QB in the history of the NFL, and maybe the most fun to watch. He's also incredibly inaccurate, and probably the only QB to ever have such a low completion % in the west coast offense.

I think Vick will certainly have the skills to play QB in the league again, but not this year. The question is will there be a team out there that is willing to put that much faith in a guy like him.

I'm a dog lover through and through, what he did is sick even if he did grow up in a different culture than I did. But he did his time and paid his debt to society, now it's time to let the guy pay off his debts financially and put food on the table for his family. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he probably doesn't know how to earn a decent living any other way than on the field.

Also, just thinking about PETA makes me want to grill up a big fatty steak and swat some flies. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Last edited by yashi; 07-30-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Tek that was the worse comeback arguement ever. And dont call me churchy. You sound like a black homer no offense but you do. Because simply put its this HE PLAYED QB and what do qbs do.....PASS.... winnner winner! And as i listed his passing stats you can obviously see he really was rank. Guess what your so called rushing lead was helped alot by T.J Ducket,Warrick Dunn, and his last year J Norwood. He did one thing that no other qb ever did he ran for a 1000 yards well wow.... Guess what thats a RB stat and yes you had to gameplan against his legs but you had to also for Young doesnt make him all glorious because like vick he cant pass either. Your arguement is one of a serious HOMER
    You mean as opposed to being a white homer?

Let's, please, not bring race into the argument.

I bring race in because simply living in a black dominated area i get tired of hearing it from black people about how good he was and still can be when the stats state simple he sucked
    I just don't want this to turn into a thread where race is regarded; that's not what this site is about. If your point is to say that he sounds, to you, as if he is a Micheal Vick "Homer" then that is fair game. I consider myself a bit of a Chiefs "Homer" especially on game day; the term "Homer" is not one that I, necessarily, regard as derogatory.

ok fine MASS EDIT....STOP BEING A HOMER!!! LOL

...Better. :)

Tek that was the worse comeback arguement ever. And dont call me churchy. You sound like a black homer no offense but you do. Because simply put its this HE PLAYED QB and what do qbs do.....PASS.... winnner winner! And as i listed his passing stats you can obviously see he really was rank. Guess what your so called rushing lead was helped alot by T.J Ducket,Warrick Dunn, and his last year J Norwood. He did one thing that no other qb ever did he ran for a 1000 yards well wow.... Guess what thats a RB stat and yes you had to gameplan against his legs but you had to also for Young doesnt make him all glorious because like vick he cant pass either. Your arguement is one of a serious HOMER
    You must not have read my post. Read mine and then read what you just wrote.... Churchy!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

u call me churchy and ill call you... wait cant use that language.. ill get warned and suspended again
    You were suspended???

no i would be though lol

I understand.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234