Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

Default Chiefs lumped in with Bronco implosion? Raiders on the rise?

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Most dangerous 2008 non-playoff teams for 2009 «

Old news?

Thought it was an interesting article, albeit brief and completely lacking in terms of evidence. I find it quite interesting that Mr. Dukes believes that the Chiefs have some how imploded this offseason cutting them dry like a stray dog and lumping their offseason moves together in the same sentence in what happened in Denver and anointing the Raiders as a potential darkhorse.

I don't follow NFL network too closely so I don't know how much of a Chief basher or bandwagon media head Jamie Dukes is but the drivel is getting kind of old.

But I digress; everyone's entitled to their opinion regardless of how inane it makes them appear.

i said the same thing...not sure whats to like about the raiders...yeah, they have a decent defense but they still are under Al Davis' guidance...

The chargers will run away with this division...nobody else is even give them a run...i like the future of our chiefs though..we finally have somewhat of a foundation now..

I read the same article and also disagreed. The Chargers, on paper are clear cut favorites to win the division, the Raiders have a defense and probably the best stable of running backs in the NFL. But we all know that Al Davis will not let them run the ball on a regular basis, so running the ball on a consistent basis is out. Then Broncos are in for a long season.
    I know that some of our homers will start yelling with this part, but here goes. Are the Chiefs improved YES. the offensive line should be better from scheme and coaching alone. IMO until we get behind and have to start throwing the ball, we will run the ball Haley will try to keep the ball as much as possible. he doesn't have the tools to play a wide open aerial attack yet.
    Our defense is improved but still have a long way to go. The entire season will depend on how our very young DL plays. The way it looks other teams will be able to run the ball, although not as bad as last year. Our pass rush will come from where? Vrabel has lost a step. The players trying to convert to LB are too slow and probably will be traded.
    As I said we are improved, but we still need at least 3 LB's, 3 and possibly 4 on the OL, 2 WR's . Depending on how the season goes we could need an NT, DE and Rb.
    I am behind Pioli and Haley, I like the all football no nonsense attitude they have instilled, but they have a few years of hard work ahead to correct the mess left behind by CP and Herm.
    Last edited by pbatrucker; 07-27-2009 at 06:11 AM.

The Raiders, like the Redskins, have all the talent in the world. However, both teams have a bad owner and no constant leadership either in the locker room or in the front office. As such, they're perrenial also-rans (at best).

Also, the Raiders aren't winning anything with Jamarcus Russell at QB.

And I don't think the author was saying that the Chiefs imploded this offseason, just that we're not remotely contenders yet because of how badly everything fell apart from 2006 to 2008.

i think our offense has a chance to be pretty decent...our offense goes where matt cassell takes them basically....

but man, our defense has question marks all over now that we switched to a 3-4...people will run on us all day long if they are smart...

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    And I don't think the author was saying that the Chiefs imploded this offseason, just that we're not remotely contenders yet because of how badly everything fell apart from 2006 to 2008.
    You're right I did take his statement out of context when reading it that's my bad.

Edit: I just re-read the article

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i think our offense has a chance to be pretty decent...our offense goes where matt cassell takes them basically....

but man, our defense has question marks all over now that we switched to a 3-4...people will run on us all day long if they are smart...
    I'm more optimistic than you about our run defense. Jackson, Dorsey, and Magee are young and inexperienced, but they are at least big enough for the positions. Edwards at least won't move backwards. And our LB corps should be decent enough against the run.

I'm more worried about us getting any pressue on the QB, as our two presumed pass rushers are old (Vrabel) and a converted DE (Hali), and our DBs aren't great coverage guys.

LMAO, the Raiders?!??? They wont be good untill..........Al Davis croaks.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'm more optimistic than you about our run defense. Jackson, Dorsey, and Magee are young and inexperienced, but they are at least big enough for the positions. Edwards at least won't move backwards. And our LB corps should be decent enough against the run.

I'm more worried about us getting any pressue on the QB, as our two presumed pass rushers are old (Vrabel) and a converted DE (Hali), and our DBs aren't great coverage guys.
    Like most of the people at NFL network, Jamie Dukes is spread too thin. Him and his colleagues have no clue whats actually going on in most camps because that is just too much to cover. We read every Chiefs article, interview, rumor, OTA news, etc. We have watched every play of every game for years and know our strengths, weaknesses and potential. So when you read one of these guys opinions on the Chiefs, they sound like some guy running his mouth about a team / subject that he just looked into the day before, which he did.

As far as your post JM, I cant say that your wrong about our pass rush or our coverage skills, because I just dont have the play to back me up (which kinda makes you right). BUT, I think that our pass rush will be much better just on scheme alone. Clancy is a psycho playcaller who is gonna have us get to the QB, while getting burned sometimes too. As far as coverage goes, I dont think that any of us have seen enough man to man last year to judge whether or not we can cover. I will throw one thing at you that Im positive about. My guy Leggett can cover man to man as good as anybody on our roster and if it comes down to one of the DB's not being able to handle one on one, he will be out there getting the job done.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You didnt mention Tank Tyler. I know you are not a huge fan, but dude is strong and might be in the the best position for success that he has had, since becoming a Chief. He is the exact same size as Ratliff in Dallas and I think he's gonna start, come opening day, at NT. He's definitly strong enough.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast