Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hemp and Marijuana

Default Hemp and Marijuana

My question is do you think Hemp and/or Marijuana will ever be legalized

I just got done watching a documentary (The Union: The Buisness Behind Getting High) and it really made me look at hemp and Marijuana differently. I use to look at as a horrible drug that could be harmful to you and your body....but after watching that i have a different perspective on it.

Now i smoke it here and there but i don't smoke it all the time in fear that i might get a job interview and have to get a piss test and then fail.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Point is simple.. A Drug is a Drug.. Prescription ones can help but even those are abused. Pot although a plant is a drug and is abused by thousands of unintelligent people who dont use it for its medical effects. Drinking should be banned to in my eyes for its just as bad as most hard drugs. But anyone who abuses the lot is a waste of air and life.
    The problem lies in that anything can be abused. Freedom of speech is also abused so due to this should we take away the right to free speech. Driving is a priviledge also and it is often abused. Guess no one should drive.

There are many people that are functional drinkers, functional pot smokers, why should they be punished because of the abuse of a few. I am not one that drinks or smokes anything but I also see that there are many that want to take away every possibly freedom in the name of religion and that is horsesh!t.

I agree with not allowing drinking or doing drugs and driving because it then not only effects the person doing it but can kill innocent people that had nothing to do with it. I agree with making restaurants non smoking as I choose (as well as a lot of other people) not to smoke and when someone smokes in a restaurant it hinders my ability to breathe and enjoy my trip out to eat, it also gives food a bad flavor. But if someone wants to chew tobacco or have alcohol during their dinner (with a designated driver) then this is their choice. Since it does not affect my ability to live or enjoy myself that honestly it is none of my business.

People are going to make bad choices, when those bad choices such as drunk driving affect others there should be laws and penalitys (and their are) when those decisions affect only themselves then more power too them, if they would like help changing their ways then we can help but they have parents already we dont need to fix what they dont deem a problem.

Point is simple.. A Drug is a Drug.. Prescription ones can help but even those are abused. Pot although a plant is a drug and is abused by thousands of unintelligent people who dont use it for its medical effects. Drinking should be banned to in my eyes for its just as bad as most hard drugs. But anyone who abuses the lot is a waste of air and life.
    Point is simple...a drug is a drug? so you honestly think there is no difference between smoking a joint and hittin the crack pipe? How about smoking some meth, line of coke? If u think pot is the same thing then I really dont care to continue this discussion with you as you are obviously blinded by your obvious hatred for anyone who has ever touched a joint.

So...since I smoke pot every day, I am a waste of air and life?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    For me: I don't use anything that will make me lose control of my physical faculties or mental perceptions, but understand the medical purposes for glaucoma and the like. I, also, understand the "recreational" use argument, and how it may not be anymore dangerous then alcohol intake in moderation. My fear would be that with each use my ability to determine moderation diminishes.
    And I am all about giving you that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I say legalize it and tax it! Fund a health care program with it that we can all agree on!
    No taxes. This nation was founded, in part, based on taxing of such luxury items. It is a slap in the face to The United States to tax another leaf in that way.

See First off i would point out that you are a perfect example of a weak willed person. The persona you give as a drunked pothead on this forum makes my point all the more true. You can say your the queen of england and i dunno it may be true. I dont know if you really do all those or not nor do i really care. Only a guilty party who felt the need to defend himself because the truth offended his druggie nature. And on the same note if you were in the states you would not be a paramedic. I personally dont want some stoned drunken guy showing up to help me.
    A perfect example of a weak will might also be someone who is unable to follow the guidlines that Jesus set fourth, while considering themselves superior others for it.

And i am judgemental because im sick of the weak willed nansy generation i come from. All the people my do is get drunk or high and make babies then leave the woman alone to take care of them. Its sickening and it wasnt a attack on you CANADA more of on my generation. Im sick of the guys my age trying to have the biggest D*** contest and trying to be a thug wanna be. I swear sometimes i wanna go postal and slap the crap of a urban wigger.. but that wouldnt make me any different then the people i complain about.
    Well, just because your beloved was running around with some pothead certainly doesn't make everyone who chooses to enjoy the fruits of this world that particular pothead. Or whatever pothead has you all riled-up.

And, unless you are being affected by other people who are "wiggers" or potheads, or whatever, then that is none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Don't care about pot or who uses it but when you call for the legalization of some of the most addictive and physically and mentally destructive narcotics on Earth to simply see a minor bump in economic stimulus is absurd compared to the long term health detriment you are going to impose on society and the population in general.
    So, you honestly believe that, upon legalization, a mass of people who have the good sense not to mess with Crystal Meth will suddenly go rampant with it?

Why would people do that? The only people who would do that, already are.

I think people should mind their own business, unless someone infringes on their basic freedoms. And rather it is lighting up a joint, or injecting some heroine, that does not infringe upon your rights.

Hitler was pretty big on making people live the way he wanted them to too.

You are projecting alot of hatred issues here.

Unless someone is directly infringing upon your rights, or someone elses rights, then freedom of choice should prevail.

Who here doesn't drink any form of caffinated beverage? Caffine has an effect on the human body.

Sugar, anyone? Same deal.

Chemically processed foods?

It may very well be impossible to live a full life without using some form of mind altering substance.

I know that, much like marijuana, alot of vegetables have mild effects to them.

Even a hard-core vegan can't truthfully say that they never use any mind altering substance.

And yet so many feel that they should use the law to determine which ones other people should be allowed to use.

And, before it comes to this, "But people do these drugs, then directly infringe on peoples' rights"...

Well, it's real simple. If that person infringes upon your basic freedoms, (causing injury/stealing/threatening/property damage) then that person is guilty of whatever act actually infringed upon your freedom.

If that person physically attacked you, stole from you, or threatened you, then they have broken a basic law. Until then... how is it anyone's business?

Yeah!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

first off i could care less what anyone here thinks about my opinions or thoughts on canada. I dont share the man crush most of the guys here have with him. I do believe a methhead and a pothead are on equal ground so is a drunk and a pill popper. I have never been any of these and i have never said im better then any of these people. I simply said i dislike them and have nothing to do with these people. I think its a waste of air and life to do these but i reckon its there air and life. As for canada you ask do i think your a waste.. i answer you betcha.
    You have to realise 3 out of those 4 things you put down can be addictive......Pot is not an addictive drug the only reason why so many people have to go to rehab or a drug problem facility is because when they get arrested they have a choice of jail or go to rehab.

You never hear about a Pot smoker going home and beating his wife, pot hasn't killed anyone.....pot is not liked because were taught not to do it.

Also: Chief31 REP!!!
    Last edited by doobs_05; 09-08-2009 at 01:22 PM.

first off i could care less what anyone here thinks about my opinions or thoughts on canada. I dont share the man crush most of the guys here have with him. I do believe a methhead and a pothead are on equal ground so is a drunk and a pill popper. I have never been any of these and i have never said im better then any of these people. I simply said i dislike them and have nothing to do with these people. I think its a waste of air and life to do these but i reckon its there air and life. As for canada you ask do i think your a waste.. i answer you betcha.
    So then... You consider these statements to be true about yourself?

a waste of air and life.
    a loser and a moron.
    the scum of society.
    ...a complete and utter moron.
    Or are you better than all of that?

Seein' as how these are the things that you said about people, and you don't think you are better than them, are these things true of you?

And there your ignorace shines through and that is why you can not carry on an intelligent conversation. Educate yourself before you start spewing crap about people.

Its not ignorance its only ignorance to a guilty party. A DRUG ADDICT IS A DRUG ADDICT any way you toss it. And because i think someone who does these is said things doesnt mean im right does it? its a opinion and no i dont think im any of those things. I think im a sinner in my own right on different fronts.

Well, unless you have been, both, a pot-head and a meth-head, then you are ignorant to many of the differences.

Ignorances is to not know. And, unless you have experienced those things, then you are ignorant.

Im ignorant because i didnt try those? Wow that is prob the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I have never tried drinking and driving yet i know its bad. Oh wait im ignorant because i didnt try it. Ive never killed someone But oh wait im ignorant because i didnt try that to. You my friend are ignorant. A drug is a drug is a drug. All are bad though ones are worse then others to me they are all equally bad and wrong. Enough said.
    You clearly don't understand what the word ignorant means.

If you have never killed anyone, then you are ignorant to what it is like to kill someone.

This is just plain simple english. Take up your issue with Webster's...

• Main Entry: ig·no·rant
    • Pronunciation: ˈig-n(ə-)rənt
    • Function: adjective
    • Date: 14th century
    1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
    ignorant - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And I am all about giving you ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast