Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hemp and Marijuana

Default Hemp and Marijuana

My question is do you think Hemp and/or Marijuana will ever be legalized

I just got done watching a documentary (The Union: The Buisness Behind Getting High) and it really made me look at hemp and Marijuana differently. I use to look at as a horrible drug that could be harmful to you and your body....but after watching that i have a different perspective on it.

Now i smoke it here and there but i don't smoke it all the time in fear that i might get a job interview and have to get a piss test and then fail.

lol i got a text today from a buddy saying he had some green and i was like WTF...then i realized what he meant hahaha

Default ha ha ha

Grass Station

September 2, 2009 4:55 PM | permalink

Posted by Ritch

James T. Hart, 52, pulled his motorcycle into Classic Fuels in Frederick County Maryland on Sunday.
    But instead of paying with cash or a credit card, Hart offered the clerk marijuana for the fill-up. The employee, perhaps accustomed to a more clean-cut, post-church service Sunday clientele, immediately called authorities, who say they searched Hart (pictured) and found pot, cocaine and Oxycodone.
    While we're not defending Hart's foolhardy business transaction, he seemed to actually posses the goods he had allegedly offered in trade. While this doesn't make him intelligent, he was at least honest. In this era of Bernie Madoff, that is refreshingly noble.
    Hart was arrested for possession of the drugs and paraphernalia, and despite what the famous bumper sticker says he was given a free ride- to jail.
    **ChiefsChick**

He's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Wow, judgemental much? First off let me ask you this. Why does it matter that you know someone who wrote a paper about it in college? Does this give you some sort of knowledge that the rest of the world does not have or is it just another opinion from someone?

Can you tell me what it is about marijuana that hurts you? What diseases does it cause? What are the medical problems that stem from marijuana use?

As far as it being addictive in its own right, so is everything. I know people who stop eating junk food who always complain and nag that they can't have it. I would like to hear you back up ANY of your argument with a fact other than someone you knoew in college wrote about it.

As far as the economy goes, you are as to believe that it would not help the economy. Not just the sale of it but consider the fact that every "criminal" in jail for marijuana costs money every day to house, clothe and feed. Those tax dollars would be a definite boom to the economy.

Fact is, I have no doubt that you have at some point in your life consumed alcohol which has a much higher rate of addiction, causes an abundance of health related problems and cause countless deaths. Marijuana on the other hand has never had an overdose related death, has never been linked to any health problem and has no addicting substance (other then mentally) Yet here we stand as a society who can say that pot is terrible but feel free to go buy a pack of smokes and a bottle of Jack Daniels cause its all leagal but puff a joint and you go to jail.

You sit here and say that it is for weak willed people who can't deal with reality...I have two college degrees, I teach part time at a local college, I am a full time paramedic, father of two and own a house and two cars. I deal with reality just fine and I smoke a joint (at least) every day.
    Excellent well thought out post Canada! Rep.

I wrote a paper and delivered a speech about this topic, and i used some of the main points as you.

The major key to boosting the economy is not just from the sales tax that we would get from legalizing it, its from the decriminalization of it. It costs too much money to continue to go to war against it. I believe Obama is for the decriminalization of weed, but not complete legalization. I would consider decriminalization a win, and would be happy with it as a good first step.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Excellent well thought out post Canada! Rep.

I wrote a paper and delivered a speech about this topic, and i used some of the main points as you.

The major key to boosting the economy is not just from the sales tax that we would get from legalizing it, its from the decriminalization of it. It costs too much money to continue to go to war against it. I believe Obama is for the decriminalization of weed, but not complete legalization. I would consider decriminalization a win, and would be happy with it as a good first step.
    I have to say, I dont smoke weed, have not for 20 years, but I feel that it should be legalized. My points for this are:

1. There would be some tax boost if not a large tax boost.

2. It would create jobs, as plants opened to prepare and package. That would also boost the economy.

3. It would reduce overcrowding in jails and cost less taxpayer money to fight against it.

4. After legalization it would be like cigarettes and regulated, therefore you wouldn't have a problem with tainted weed that often cause more of a problem.

Now with that said I also believe that there should be rules simular to alcohol and cigarettes associated with weed.

1. If your caught using and driving, simular penaltys to drinking and driving.

2. No smoking weed in public. I appriciate that you enjoy it, but I dont want to smoke it and I sure dont want my kids too. Contact high is way worse then second hand smoke. You should have the priveledge of smoking in your own house and informed to not smoke with kids in the room. Knowledge is huge.

Yes there will be people that abuse weed and are not a great contribution to society but there are people like that now. I dont feel that problem would get much worse if any. There is such a thinkg as a functional drinker and functional weed smoker.

That all said I need a diet dew ... GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    I didnt recant i still believe what i believe it was not a personal attack ( the persona of a drunken pothead was) but my first pot post was a attack on all drug addicts. They are a drain on life and our economy. Anyone ANYONE who does any drugs is a loser and a moron. Regardless im not telling you to do it or not do it because i dont care. Waste your life if you want but it is still retarded. I have never done a drug in my life and ive drank very little. I am proud to be clean for the most part of my life and i know its the way god wants me to be.
    Sure is starting to seem like it is a personal attack. I smoke a lot of weed and I am probably less of a drain on society that you and yet you climb up on your soapbox and start yapping about something you obviously dont understand. Thats great that you are "clean and sober" and you found Jesus. That is great that you are happy with the life you lead. But my friend, we are all where god wants us to be. I just happen to be able to think for myself and know what works for me. So until you can sit down, smoke a fatty and relax....STFU and dont discuss things u know nothng about.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If you've taken aspirins or any type of medication, you've done drugs.

Women who behave,rarely make history.

Ok, we're going to agree to disagree or I'll be forced to close yet another good thread, and would really not like to do that.

No more personalizing the thread topic.

Canada you attack me online and your nothing but a drunk drug addict and that i do know considering you admitted to drinking and smoke pot. and im not a drain period im not on any goverment help or **** so dont run your mouth.
    I attack YOU???? Are you serious? You come on here blabbering all kinds of bullsh!t, then I respond with a well thought out post, presenting facts that you can not intelligently argue against, then you come one here telling everyone who smokes a joint of drinks a beer that they are a loser and drain on society...and I am attacking you? Wow...so you aren't on welfare. Good for you, do you give back to your community in ANY way? I sure as hell do, I help people around me EVERY day. What do you do besides preach some bullsh!t church logic about what GOD wants you to do. News flash moron, God wants people to live life. Make mistakes. Learn from their experiences. You are so sheltered it is ridiculous. Go out and try and live a little instead of judging people. Doesnt it say something about Judge not lest ye be judged? Its a sad day in religion when someone like you is the one representing the Churchs beliefs. Don't bother responding cause you obviously have nothing intelligent to post.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Why would i give back to a community of people who drink and do drugs? The city i live with is filled with people who are the scum of society. As for sheltered your a complete and utter moron. Ive lived in over 17 states and countless bad and good areas. I spent my fair share of time on the chicago southside and ive seen things your drunked little canadian *** would prob cry out in your sleep about. Dont act like you know me or say im sheltered. Your just a old drunken person who claims to be all this and that and your just what i said. You can claim to do all this and being a emt doesnt mean your the end all be all. Like ive said before i would not want some stoned drunk emt helping me.
    Wow, u truly sound like one of Gods children!!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast