Thread: Great news from River Falls

Default Great news from River Falls

Chiefs Arrive In River Falls

July 30, 2009 - Bob Gretz
    From River Falls, Wisconsin

The parade of four buses pulled onto the campus of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls just before 5 p.m. Thursday, as the Chiefs rolled into town for their 19th and supposedly last training camp here in the northwoods.
    The players quietly strolled off the buses and into the George R. Field South Fork Suites dorm, their home away from home for the next three weeks.
    One guy who was thrilled to be in the land of beer and cheese was head coach Todd Haley.
    I’m really, really excited,” said Haley, who may have been the only member of the traveling party that arrived in suit. “I’m really going to have to temper myself, just knowing me, to try and stay calm, knowing we can’t get it done in a day.
    “I’m just really fired up! It’s an exciting time for me in my life.”
    Haley was happy even before he left Kansas City because of the work that was done by his players during their vacation period.
    “Last week we had 26 to 30-something guys in there working out on their own,” Haley said. “This week when I’ve been working out, I’ve seen them in there. They are getting on the scale, they are working together. It’s very positive feeling from the guys.”
    Especially quarterback Matt Cassel.
    “He was in this week running a bunch of guys through routes on his own,” said Haley. “I looked out the window and there he was; he was directing traffic. I think he’s done everything he can do to this point to give him a chance to succeed.”
    The only player missing on the trip was DE Tyson Jackson as negotiations continued with the No. 1 draft choice. The team announced earlier in the day that fourth-round CB Donald Washington had signed his contract, leaving Jackson as the only draft choice still unsigned.
    “I’m just going to worry about the guys that are here,” Haley said of Jackson. “It’s football season, so we are looking for football players.”
    Among those players getting off the bus were LG Brian Waters and OLB Mike Vrabel, seen only during the team’s mandatory mini-camp back in early June.
    The players will go through a conditioning test Friday morning and then meetings Friday afternoon and evening. The first practice is set for Saturday morning, another one on Saturday afternoon.

DUDE LOOKS STOKED!!!!!!!

The guys are training before camp even starts. Cassell appears to be the leader we never had and Brian Waters is in camp. Hey boys.......ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 07-31-2009 at 01:03 AM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Go Chiefs!!!!!
    The season is coming!
    :hyper:

Well I hope that Tyson Jackson is staying in shape at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Go Chiefs!!!!!
    The season is coming!
    :hyper:
    ...Just around the corner!

YEA!!! Now we can talk football again. I would exspect Tyson Jackson to be in camp in the next couple of days.
    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Is it me or does Haley look like a homeless guy who just stole a suit off some businessman?

Great to see Waters and Vrabel being professionals.