Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Dorsey Fails Conditioning Test

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Dorsey Fails Conditioning Test


    0 Not allowed!
    The Chiefs' conditioning test is over. Most passed. Some didn't. Here's one who didn't | Red Zone

    I predict Jackson, Magee, and Boone are starting ahead of Dorsey by Week 7.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I want so badly for these young guys to succeed, but this is gonna be a hard transition for and for dorsey the most. I really like tank as well. Nothing against boone but I would love to see him take the starting job.
    GO CHIEFS!!!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Our DL is going to be so bad this year... again. Sigh.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Our DL is going to be so bad this year... again. Sigh.
    I really, really don't think so. I don't think they'll get a ton of pressure on the QB, but they'll be solid against the run. Which is the first and most important step.

    I think our problem will be those DL drafted under Herm/Carl. But I don't foresee Tank, McBride, or Dorsey starting.

    I think by midseason, our starting front seven will be:

    DL - Jackson/Edwards/Magee, with Boone as the primary DE reserve

    LB - Hali/Thomas/DJ/Vrabel, with Beisel as the primary reserve

    And it wouldn't shock me if we signed an OLB to replace Hali as the starter. No, I am not a fan of Herm's DL picks.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hali wasn't a pick from Herm. Anyways, wasn't Dorsey still injured? I wouldn't expect a player to pass a test if they weren't 100% Healthy.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Hali wasn't a pick from Herm. Anyways, wasn't Dorsey still injured? I wouldn't expect a player to pass a test if they weren't 100% Healthy.
    The hell he wasn't. Hali was Herm's very first pick for the Chiefs, the 1st rounder in 2006.

    Dorsey is still injured, sure. It's the same injury as the one at LSU. That doesn't speak well to his ability to stay on the field during the regular season. Which, as you may recall, is common to most Herm picks.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The hell he wasn't. Hali was Herm's very first pick for the Chiefs, the 1st rounder in 2006.

    Dorsey is still injured, sure. It's the same injury as the one at LSU. That doesn't speak well to his ability to stay on the field during the regular season. Which, as you may recall, is common to most Herm picks.
    Maybe he was, I thought Dick picked him and he played in 05 in that season opener against the Jets.

    My bad.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Maybe he was, I thought Dick picked him and he played in 05 in that season opener against the Jets.

    My bad.
    I think you're thinking of DJ. Who I'm dying to see on the field this season. I think this has to be his make-or-break year with the Chiefs. And I think he'll do awesome in the 3-4.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I really, really don't think so. I don't think they'll get a ton of pressure on the QB, but they'll be solid against the run. Which is the first and most important step.

    I think our problem will be those DL drafted under Herm/Carl. But I don't foresee Tank, McBride, or Dorsey starting.

    I think by midseason, our starting front seven will be:

    DL - Jackson/Edwards/Magee, with Boone as the primary DE reserve

    LB - Hali/Thomas/DJ/Vrabel, with Beisel as the primary reserve

    And it wouldn't shock me if we signed an OLB to replace Hali as the starter. No, I am not a fan of Herm's DL picks.
    2 rookies and a rotational DT in the worst run defense in the league last year? Rookie D linemen always struggle, and Ron Edwards would surely be among the worst NTs in the league. I love this team, but the only DL I can think of that could be worse this season is Denver's.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    2 rookies and a rotational DT in the worst run defense in the league last year? Rookie D linemen always struggle, and Ron Edwards would surely be among the worst NTs in the league. I love this team, but the only DL I can think of that could be worse this season is Denver's.
    It's a myth that a rookie DL always struggles. It was used so many times to explain the failures of Herm's picks that people have come to believe it. I'm not saying that our DL will be great, or even that good. Just that our front seven will be good against the run.

    Edwards is a very decent run-stopper. He's got the size (6'3" , 320 lbs.) and he doesn't give up ground. He is just a terrible Cover 2 DT. And you can't blame him for 2008 - Herm wanted to show off Tank and Dorsey. Now, would Edwards be the worst NT in the league behind whomever the Broncos start (probably Fields)? Yes. But he's good enough, I think, that he won't be pushed back by a double team. And Magee and Jackson will also do well against the run. And I'd be shocked if DJ and Thomas didn't rack up at least 90 tackles apiece in run support.

    We aren't going to get much pressure on the QB when we rush three or four (or maybe even five). But we aren't going to get knocked backwards. That's the first step.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BJ Raji Fails Drug Test
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •