Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dorsey Fails Conditioning Test

Default Dorsey Fails Conditioning Test

The Chiefs' conditioning test is over. Most passed. Some didn't. Here's one who didn't | Red Zone

I predict Jackson, Magee, and Boone are starting ahead of Dorsey by Week 7.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I think you're thinking of DJ. Who I'm dying to see on the field this season. I think this has to be his make-or-break year with the Chiefs. And I think he'll do awesome in the 3-4.
    Thats probably right, he and Jared I think were putting pressure on Penninton ALL DAY that day.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Unless these guys really come together as a unit I think that Pendergast's blood pressure is going to have to be monitored on a quarterly basis. Oh and if Jackson is starting... His *** needs to be signed and in camp yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Unless these guys really come together as a unit I think that Pendergast's blood pressure is going to have to be monitored on a quarterly basis. Oh and if Jackson is starting... His *** needs to be signed and in camp yesterday.
    I concurr
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

According to Bob Gretz, Alex Magee was looking better than Tyson Jackson in OTA's, especially at the pass rush, so I'm praying for him to beat out Glenn Dorsey. We should trade Glenn Dorsey while we have the cap space, and pick up a first in next years draft. I would wait until week 6 though, in case Dorsey blows it up.

Welcome to the Crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    According to Bob Gretz, Alex Magee was looking better than Tyson Jackson in OTA's, especially at the pass rush, so I'm praying for him to beat out Glenn Dorsey. We should trade Glenn Dorsey while we have the cap space, and pick up a first in next years draft. I would wait until week 6 though, in case Dorsey blows it up.
    Agreed. A lot of people know I have no love for Dorsey. I hated the pick when we made it, I hated it through 2008, and I hate it today. And I have high hopes for both Jackson and Magee. They'll be better than Dorsey as a DE - by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The hell he wasn't. Hali was Herm's very first pick for the Chiefs, the 1st rounder in 2006.

Dorsey is still injured, sure. It's the same injury as the one at LSU. That doesn't speak well to his ability to stay on the field during the regular season. Which, as you may recall, is common to most Herm picks.

I see you are a Herm Hater. (Right on, I hate him too.)

Anyways, isn't B.J. Raji Playing some 3-4 DE, and he is only 6-2. If Glenn Dorsey can gain some speed, (I would like to see him run the 40 in around a 5.05) and with the strength he has, he could be a decent pass rusher from the edge. He works well in open space, so I actually think him playing DE isn't too much of a drop off, 3 more inches, and everyone would be raving at the thought of him as a 5-tech. I'm not saying he will have huge or immediate success, but I am saying a lot of people are writing him off before actually watching him play. (I thought about it more, after posting the first comment.)

I still think Magee would beat out Dorsey in camp, but with all the money we have invested in Dorsey, (Thanks Herm, for not trading down, you suck.) it comes down to politics, we have to start the man with the most money. (10M a year, Dorsey wins.)
    Last edited by chiefan; 08-02-2009 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Just found out Peppers got the deal he was lookin for so he is out. DOrsey better get his a$$ in gear orhe will lose his position.

Where did you find this out?

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Just found out Peppers got the deal he was lookin for so he is out. DOrsey better get his a$$ in gear orhe will lose his position.
    Hmm I haven't heard this yet. Last I heard he has only signed his tag. Something like 16.3 million this season. Only reason I say is that I live in Charlotte and talk football with two Panther fans on a regular basis. I think that you just may have gotten confused about the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    I see you are a Herm Hater. (Right on, I hate him too.)

Anyways, isn't B.J. Raji Playing some 3-4 DE, and he is only 6-2. If Glenn Dorsey can gain some speed, (I would like to see him run the 40 in around a 5.05) and with the strength he has, he could be a decent pass rusher from the edge. He works well in open space, so I actually think him playing DE isn't too much of a drop off, 3 more inches, and everyone would be raving at the thought of him as a 5-tech. I'm not saying he will have huge or immediate success, but I am saying a lot of people are writing him off before actually watching him play. (I thought about it more, after posting the first comment.)

I still think Magee would beat out Dorsey in camp, but with all the money we have invested in Dorsey, (Thanks Herm, for not trading down, you suck.) it comes down to politics, we have to start the man with the most money. (10M a year, Dorsey wins.)
    Raji is playing NT, not DE, to my understanding. And Dorsey's 6'1" like I'm 7'5". He's closer to 5'10" than 6'1". He's also badly conditioned and injury prone.

Let me put it this way. Dorsey is undersized for the position he is being moved to. He needs strength, athleticism, motor, endurance, and technique to overcome this handicap. I don't think any of those five are his strong spot.

And I don't think any player drafted or FA signed prior to 2009 can claim a starting spot based on money. I don't think our current brain trust would hesitate even a second to pull Dorsey is he fails at DE. If anything, I think they're looking to erase the embarrassment of the Herm years ASAP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast