Thread: Yahoo News : Chiefs face first test under fiery Haley (AP)

Default Yahoo News : Chiefs face first test under fiery Haley (AP)

The Kansas City Chiefs didn't get a leisurely day of meetings and meals to kick off training camp. They ran. Not just a shake-out-the-cobwebs run. A timed run, the last part of their pre-camp physicals. Don't make time, don't practice Saturday. Clearly, this isn't the pat-on-the back, glad-to-see-you greeting the Chiefs got from coach Herm Edwards.

More...

Among the many things that made Herm a bad coach I always thought one was his apathy towards losses. Like it's all no big deal and they're comin' along and there's got to be these down times to be expected with a young club and most of our losses have been by less than seven points, etc.
    So this is welcome to get someone like Haley who has some fire to him.

I suspect the Royals manager Trey Hillman is also too much of a non fiery guy and that may be why they continue to struggle despite the earlier optimism.
    Someone like Pinella or Booby Cox would probably be good for the team to light a little fire.

OMG I love Haley!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

So does his wife.

I like what I've read here.