Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much could we get for Thigpen?

Hybrid View

Default How much could we get for Thigpen?

With Minnesota hurting for a QB. What kind of trade could we get for Thigpen, and would it be worth it.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

with our o-line we need to keep thigyy. we know what we got in him. brodie would get hurt running from the sideline to the huddle.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Thiggy is not going anywhere this year. he's the only viable option behind Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    with our o-line we need to keep thigyy. we know what we got in him. brodie would get hurt running from the sideline to the huddle.
    All that needs to be said wolfpack... but I'll add....

You won't get much for him and besides... why would we give him up when we've needed backup QBs every season since... i don't remember the last time we didn't?

Hell... I'm actually reserving judgement that he'll do a better job than Cassell. Thigpen was lighting it up after he got comfortable... and then he's back to the bench.

It's hard to believe the number of fans that have such a warped opinion about Tyler's skills. Must be the same group of fans that believed in players like Marc Boerigter, R-Kal Truluk, and Boomer Grigsby.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    With Minnesota hurting for a QB. What kind of trade could we get for Thigpen, and would it be worth it.
    Minnestoa won't trade for Thigpen, even if Jackson's MCL injury turns out to be serious. They'll start Rosenfels and keep Booty as the backup. Thigpen is the exactly wrong type of QB for their system. They need an accurate guy who can heave the ball downfield and keep defenses honest so they can run AP/Taylor.

Two trades would make sense for Thigpen:

1. Trade Thigpen to the Panthers for Josh McNown and a 4th rounder. The Panthers have an aging team built to win now. Delhomme can't be trusted to stay healthy and Thigpen >>> McNown as a backup.

2. Trade Thigpen to to Tennessee for Patrick Ramsey and a 4th rounder. Same thing really. There a veteran team with an old QB built to win now.

I agree that we should keep him, though, in 2009. He knows our system and players and is a great backup QB. The only issue is him walking in 2010 and us getting nothing.

My preference would be to sign him to a long term deal, something like 4 years/$9M. I think he'd sign, as he physically is not a NFL prototype at QB (in terms of accuracy, style, or height), and we'd get the benefit of keeping one of the better backup QBs (and a fan favorite) in case Cassel goes down.

I want to keep Thigpen long term, but I fully expect him to test free agency next season. There will be teams that are interested.

i say wait til the trade dead line then trade him if we can get good value.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i say wait til the trade dead line then trade him if we can get good value.
    NFL teams rarely trade during the season, and they sure as hell don't trade QBs when they do.

why would you want 2 give up Tyler? if Cassel doenst pan out we know Tyler is an a good starter. Just needs to know how to win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast