Thread: KCChiefs.com : Q&A with MATT CASSEL - 8/2

Default KCChiefs.com : Q&A with MATT CASSEL - 8/2

Q: How was the first day? MATT CASSEL: "The first day was great. We got out there and it was good to be back out there on the field playing football. It was very competitive; we had some very competitive periods. We are just getting back into

More...

Q: Is it weird to be on this team? After all, QB Tom Brady was injured against the Chiefs last year and that opened up an opportunity for you?

CASSEL: “It is weird. It is crazy how I show up here and I see Bernard (Pollard) on the first day. You come in and this was the team that really gave me my start

It sounds like him and LJ are really gettin off to a good start too. Cassell admits LJ will help this team.

And did you see today in yahoo sports there was an article "Cassel thrilled to be in KC".

Haley says of him, “He’s a good example of being the same guy every day, You’re going to get great enthusiasm, he’s going to be there standing at your hip, you’re probably going to have to tell him to be quiet five or six times because he’s excited. He’s just what he’s been. He’s had a fairly solid start.”

And Cassel says, "“We’ve got everybody we need to win in the league and now it’s about going out and executing, finishing games in the fourth quarter and doing what we can do,” he said. “This can be a very good team.”

CAN be doesn't necessarily mean WILL be for this year, but it's exciting that the possibility is there. And that Haley and Cassel have such enthusiasm and optimism (as well as skills, which are obviously necessary as well!).