Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many people belive Bowe will have a Break out season in 2009

Hybrid View

Default Many People Believe that Dwayne Bowe Will Have a Break Out Season In 2009. The Buzz!

I Just noticed that the name Dwayne Bowe is everywhere right now. Alot of high expectations for him this year. A star WR in Kansas City? It doesn't even sound right. I've been a Chiefs fan for so long that I cant believe it until I see it. We've had some good ones and even Bowe has been awsome as of late, but to have a superstar top flight WR with an arrowhead on his helmet.....That would be awsome.! Good luck geeting to the next level Dwayne!
    __________________________________________________ ______

NFL.com has Bowe in thier Top 10 Fantasy WR's this year: http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d80feb2eb&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Pro Football Weekly has a new Highlight on Dwayne on their home page: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/08/04/chiefs-bowe-set-to-join-fantasy-elite

Chris Carter has Dwayne as his breakout player of 2009: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4299028

The Bleacher Report has Bowe / Cassell as the "next great QB-WR tandem": http://bleacherreport.com/articles/131751-matt-cassell-to-dwayne-bowe-a-tandem-in-the-making

__________________________________________________ ________

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 08-04-2009 at 06:39 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

That would be nice. And he'll have the best QB throwing to him that he's had so far.

He is definitely going to be on my board during the draft, I just hope he keeps his hands and eyes on the ball this year. I think he will because he doesn't want to hear from a pissed off Haley on the sidelines.

May he be the next Andre Rison, without all the off field problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    May he be the next Andre Rison, without all the off field problems.
    I don't remember Rison too much, but I don't think he was nearly as good as Bowe. I mean I have seen Bowe make some awesome Catches. Didn't Tony have the case of the droppsies in his first couple of years?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think Haley will get Bowe's attention about dropped passes. He'll probabaly have him running laps around Arrowhead for every dropped pass.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I think Haley will get Bowe's attention about dropped passes. He'll probabaly have him running laps around Arrowhead for every dropped pass.
    I think he already got his attention by signing Toomer.

The prediction of Bowe having a breakout season could also be the end of Bowe. They already went out and hired a reliable receiver to replace him. If he keeps dropping balls, he won't be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think he already got his attention by signing Toomer.

The prediction of Bowe having a breakout season could also be the end of Bowe. They already went out and hired a reliable receiver to replace him. If he keeps dropping balls, he won't be starting.
    You kidding? Toomer was signed for depth and possibly as a WR2/3. Dropped balls or not, Bowe isn't being replaced any time soon. He's by far the top wideout on this team and one of the better ones in the league. The only thing Toomer is going to do for Bowe is help get his head on straight and hopefully take off a little pressure.

Thanks Aussie!

Dropped passes is not a stat that I can find that is tracked too closely. I guess there are so many variables that go into that stat that it is not really fair to charge the receiver with a dropped pass if the throw happened to be bad to start with so it would be hard. Sort of like Passed balls or wild pitches in baseball.

I do seem to remember "the former Chiefs player that shall remain nameless" having dropped more than his share early going.

Bowe gets a knock for dropping a lot of passes that he should not though, and I think that is where the criticism is the strongest. When a ball is placed directly in your hands and you are not in any danger of getting smacked, then you have to catch that ball. Bowe has dropped those, he seems to catch the ones that are nearly impossible to catch and those make the highlight reels.

I think his problem has been an inability to control his emotion, he seems to be a very emotional player and he seems to get very excited in those plays where he could make something big happen. When he has no time to think about it, his instincts take over and he is a phenom. If Haley and the receivers coach can get him to channel that spirit a little better, then he will make those plays.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dropped passes is not a stat that I can find that is tracked too closely. I guess there are so many variables that go into that stat that it is not really fair to charge the receiver with a dropped pass if the throw happened to be bad to start with so it would be hard. Sort of like Passed balls or wild pitches in baseball.

I do seem to remember "the former Chiefs player that shall remain nameless" having dropped more than his share early going.

Bowe gets a knock for dropping a lot of passes that he should not though, and I think that is where the criticism is the strongest. When a ball is placed directly in your hands and you are not in any danger of getting smacked, then you have to catch that ball. Bowe has dropped those, he seems to catch the ones that are nearly impossible to catch and those make the highlight reels.

I think his problem has been an inability to control his emotion, he seems to be a very emotional player and he seems to get very excited in those plays where he could make something big happen. When he has no time to think about it, his instincts take over and he is a phenom. If Haley and the receivers coach can get him to channel that spirit a little better, then he will make those plays.
    Agreed! It always boggled my mind how he could make such spectacular, almost impossible catches, and drop the ones that hit him between the numbers while being wide open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast